I like Vermont, great for snowboarding. That said, I was there once and it hit -25. Managed one run before deciding it was too cold and joined the locals in the bar. 

That was the second coldest I've ever been, the coldest being at Boundary Park watching Oldham v QPR. Felt like I was being cut to ribbons by the wind.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 23/05/2020 at 07:53, deluded pom? said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0566f8e75596b2a57da1047da3711a65.jpeg

There can`t be anything intrinsically blue-collar about getting to your feet to play the ball, nor can working-class people have a congenital aversion to lineouts and flankers, yet 125 years on RL still gets pitched in these social and political terms in places with no historical reason for it. It`s an extraordinary phenomenon when you step back from it.

There`s a science-fiction novel waiting to be written, where pockets of posh Rugby League form, coalesce, then take over the world. Finishing schools would teach correct PTBs, and setting up a maul would be the most outlandish breach of social etiquette.

Archived