Who done it.

9 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Michael Carter obsessing about cost to the detriment of everything else. Who'd have thunk it

He was on a livestream the other day wanting the salary cap figure to be slashed because Wakefield don't pay anywhere near the cap and they don't want the gap to get too big. Gobsmacked! 

I thought somebody had farted.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What about if it was one of the West Yorkshire Tightwod Mafia who want the cap lowered?

You don't mess with the Wezzie Mafia

spacer.png

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What about if it was one of the West Yorkshire Tightwod Mafia who want the cap lowered?

It is not just restricted to a small area of England,not to the sport of rugby league that a salary cap is the topic for recommendation for review.

Association football and the other code are big on it.Right now.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/21/premiership-rugby-financial-fair-play-myners-report-the-breakdown

This is to ensure that not all clubs go out of business.Some well-trained brains are recommending reductions on players salaries...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

8 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It is not just restricted to a small area of England,not to the sport of rugby league that a salary cap is the topic for recommendation for review.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/21/premiership-rugby-financial-fair-play-myners-report-the-breakdown

This is to ensure that not all clubs go out of business.Some well-trained brains are recommending reductions on players salaries...

The Warrington signing of Greg Inglis and the fanfare it created this week (let alone when he actually arrives and plays a game) and the loss of a key player (Naulogo) to a regular play-off contestant (Hull) to a sport that pays significantly better is exactly the reasons why these men are short-sighted and the reduction of the cap is a stupid idea. 

A bit melodramatic isn't it? 

And I suggest that if he doesn't even want to be discussing options for the structure of the season then maybe it is he who is banned. 

This is exactly what they should be discussing (as well as all the testing processes and cost etc.).

14 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

You can’t compare football with rugby league, and you can bet that the salary cap in football if there ever is one (which there won’t be), isn’t £2m ?

Aren't whistle blowers protected in some way from this kind of behaviour?

And why is he asking questions that would have done a secretive government proud?

Why would you be afraid of revealing you're having discussions or what they're about and mention if you've nothing to hide?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You can’t compare football with rugby league, and you can bet that the salary cap in football if there ever is one (which there won’t be), isn’t £2m ?

No.But the principle is the same.

I'm very surprised that the panic surrounding finances appears more real to the other code - reading lots of publications which relate to that.

I also want to see the best players in our sport - but those club owners who seem to now want to keep it as it is,have presided over the sport where the quality has lowered,considerably,and are more than content to see the best players leave their clubs despite that,and always resort to having NRL mature on-field,immature off-field players,arrive on these shores.

The sport,as a whole,has to improve in all facets,and not just have a temporary 'victory' for one or two clubs.

The entire sport has to look at itself and improve completely so the next 125 years is a whole lot different.

I really don't think the signing made by Warrington will ensure a 5 years waiting list for season tickets or sell-out crowds for all home games.

On Topic - failing to see the problem with followers of the game reading about discussion documents regarding the restart of the game while there is,and has been,a dearth of rugby league news.

Robert Elstone didn't mention any news blackout when he spoke about the plans.

If this confidentiality wasn't mentioned then letting some supporters have 'possible' good news seems the correct thing to do.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

It needs a discussion, & not just 12 chairmen of Elite clubs, who are only interested in what they can get for themselves.

Indeed, anything regarding expenditure and money coming into the game need a community game voice in there somewhere.

I'm fed up that since 1996 SL/RFL or whoever, have been trying to build a house from the roof down rather from the ground up.

No community game? No pro game!

20 hours ago, fatboystu said:

Indeed, anything regarding expenditure and money coming into the game need a community game voice in there somewhere.

I'm fed up that since 1996 SL/RFL or whoever, have been trying to build a house from the roof down rather from the ground up.

No community game? No pro game!

I did notice on a web site that the North-West ARL folded, because there was only 4 teams registered. When I played, 1980-87, there was nearly 80 teams, there was also Pennine, Yorkshire, Humberside, Cumbria leagues, and the amazing Southern League.

8 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

and the amazing Southern League.

Or London League, even though I played teams in Swindon, Southend, Bognor Regis, and Milton Keynes, it was still called the London League.

Try getting up at 6am, for a 11am kick off there, and getting a team together on a Sunday Morning!

You think Pilks to St Pat's, or Leigh MR to Crossfields was bad? 

Plus we had to get 4 cars with people to pay petrol, and hopefully get it back.

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wakefield really should be a Championship club 

It's like Bournemouth and Burnley asking for the Premier League to slash wages because they think Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool may pull away at the top. Nuts and corner shop mentality.

Yet Wakefield will probably be promoting Greg Inglis coming to play at Belle Vue next season!

On 23/05/2020 at 10:27, Lowdesert said:

Carter the Farter?

When the wind wont blow and the ship wont go, we get ............ to start her.

He loves his name in the papers, his face on a video and the sound of his own voice does Mike!

He’s a self important, narcissist who loves to portray himself as some kind of hard nut

On 23/05/2020 at 09:52, Angelic Cynic said:

I really don't think the signing made by Warrington will ensure a 5 years waiting list for season tickets or sell-out crowds for all home games.

I remember these stories, 5 year waiting list sell outs every game. It actually happens so rarely. Even Manchester United was a manufactured policy, fans forced to buy tickets they really didn't want to attend. Now games don't regularly sell out. Football has done well in the last twenty years creating a product but these don't last forever. Rugby league in England is generally played in small towns and has adapt to the market they work in.  I remember the Andrew Johns signing, ot created a massive bubble for Warrington and RL itself and Greg Inglis has the same potential. 

Archived