Who done it.

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I remember these stories, 5 year waiting list sell outs every game. It actually happens so rarely. Even Manchester United was a manufactured policy, fans forced to buy tickets they really didn't want to attend. Now games don't regularly sell out. Football has done well in the last twenty years creating a product but these don't last forever. Rugby league in England is generally played in small towns and has adapt to the market they work in.  I remember the Andrew Johns signing, ot created a massive bubble for Warrington and RL itself and Greg Inglis has the same potential. 

I have first hand experience of a Premier League discussion about season ticket waiting lists and Man Utd weren’t in the top four. Spurs had almost a decade of charging thousands of people £50 a year just to be on the list!

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I have first hand experience of a Premier League discussion about season ticket waiting lists and Man Utd weren’t in the top four. Spurs had almost a decade of charging thousands of people £50 a year just to be on the list!

Do you get anything else besides being 3264th in the queue?

West Ham charge £10 per year, I know that. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Do you get anything else besides being 3264th in the queue?

West Ham charge £10 per year, I know that. 

In Spurs’ case, nothing else for your £50, though they had a more expensive version that offered priority on match ticket purchases. This was a few years ago now so I dare say this is no longer the case for Spurs and West Ham since the new stadiums, mind. Liverpool’s average waiting time was 20 odd years or something daft and Chelsea’s list was getting to a reasonable length.

I was there on behalf of one of the smaller north west clubs, we just sat back and admired the sabre rattling.

16 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No, they shouldn’t. Their performances on the pitch determines their league and that’s how it should be. 

They are limiting spending and holding back other clubs from signing top players, that’s not on the pitch it’s off it, this is how they are managing to stay in Super League with their Poundland budget. 

26 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They are limiting spending and holding back other clubs from signing top players, that’s not on the pitch it’s off it, this is how they are managing to stay in Super League with their Poundland budget. 

They’re not. The vote hasn’t happened yet. Also, if Wakefield need to go, what about your beloved Leeds, who thin this is a good idea? Their “Poundland Budget” is part of their charm. They manage, most years, to turn over a ‘bigger’ side or two and for a sustained period, were getting in the play-offs. 

12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

They’re not. The vote hasn’t happened yet. Also, if Wakefield need to go, what about your beloved Leeds, who thin this is a good idea? Their “Poundland Budget” is part of their charm. They manage, most years, to turn over a ‘bigger’ side or two and for a sustained period, were getting in the play-offs. 

It is the TWI - Team Work Index.

Leeds had a number of players develop together through their academy,and added to them.

The Class of 92 at Manchester United was a group of young players who developed together.

Big name signings is not an automatic way to to be successful.

Little Leicester city won a Premier League title while other clubs spend far more money.

https://www.afr.com/companies/sport/darwins-theory-of-sporting-evolution-20170323-gv4yuj

It now seems,due to the financial situation,that the Premier League is to make a financial contribution to the clubs in the English football lower leagues.I really can't see the same happening with Super League clubs.

It's going to be interesting to see how Warrington get on with former NRL players,from different clubs,how they all bond together.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

49 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Investing in imports isn’t an answer at any level.

Not the whole answer, SL17, I agree.  But I think it is part of the answer.

Do you not think that, say, some of the young local lads at Catalans Dragons were helped, on and off the field, by a mature, responsible import like Steve Menzies?  I find it hard to imagine that they weren't.

34 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How many imports does Premiership Football have in this country and is it a successful competition? 

How many different clubs have won the Premier League?

How much have each winning club spent?

How many winning clubs have English managers?

How many English players have they developed?

Let us all go for overseas owners of Super League clubs.I believe those peace-loving Saudi Arabian chaps are interested in sportswashing.Misogynist and Homophobic.Way to go!

What is the difference in finance held by those clubs who have finished Top 4 and had Champions League positions and those who fight relegation each season?

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

It's refreshing to see how much Everton,one of the 'Top 6' who went to start the Premier League all those years ago - will now need to spend to simply catch up to the richer clubs.

The games are so predictable - as are the tactics when those outside the usual top 4 just 'park the bus'.Then hope they don't lose by a large margin.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Top quality imports add huge amounts to our league and bringing them in absolutely should be part of any plan for.the future. 

Can't disagree with that, but I am sure you will agree there has been too many average players and over the hill journeyman brought in over the years.

Archived