Huyton RLFC

Thank you totalrl.com for this page on your forum. 

As a member of the old Record Keepers Club, it is great to see its re-emergence. 

I'm currently typing up the Huyton games, team and scorers and would love to hear stories from Huytons era in Rugby League. Photos would be great to see? 

Finally, if you love stats, RL stats, this club is for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with that.  Huyton was one of those teams that I don't think we (Leeds) ever played. I have vague memories that Runcorn was formed when Huyton folded.  I just had a look at the Wiki page for Huyton. Are all those incarnations (Liverpool Stanley, Huyton, Runcorn etc) considered to be one club from an RKC perspective (like I assume Fulham through to today's London Broncos) or multiple clubs?

On 31/05/2020 at 23:22, BrisbaneRhino said:

Good luck with that.  Huyton was one of those teams that I don't think we (Leeds) ever played. I have vague memories that Runcorn was formed when Huyton folded.  I just had a look at the Wiki page for Huyton. Are all those incarnations (Liverpool Stanley, Huyton, Runcorn etc) considered to be one club from an RKC perspective (like I assume Fulham through to today's London Broncos) or multiple clubs?

Yes: Wigan Highfield, London Highfield, Liverpool Stanley, Liverpool City, Huyton, Runcorn Highfield, Highfield & Precot Panthers is one club!

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

• 6 months later...

I am just writing about Huyton rugby club in a book I am writing. My father Trevor Walker 'Tank' and another player Dave Cocks who played for Dewsbury, and later Bately, Went in the 1970's to play there and help establish the team. I have my dad's 1972-73 players season ticket with all the fixtures in it.

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 18:55, PenelopeT said:

I am just writing about Huyton rugby club in a book I am writing. My father Trevor Walker 'Tank' and another player Dave Cocks who played for Dewsbury, and later Bately, Went in the 1970's to play there and help establish the team. I have my dad's 1972-73 players season ticket with all the fixtures in it.

I will be interested in purchasing a copy of the book if it comes up for sale. I have an interest in Huyton RLFC and am currently reading the Mike Brocken book.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stephen when I get it into print I will send you a copy. It's will have quite alot of my rugby adventures in it and other sports like my time in the Williams F1 garage in Japan. But also getting back on my feet after my accident. Hope you are well take care! PenelopeT

• 7 months later...

I used to go to Huyton games, later to Runcorn.  My first Huyton game was on 27 January 1974 (Huyton 17 Doncaster 2 [bottom & next to bottom, Division 2]).  They met again a week later in the RL Cup (Huyton 16 Doncaster 2).  As the RL Chairman said after an anonymous visit, the ground was barely enclosed and the pitch was a mud-bath.  When it was announced that the groundsman was retiring someone shouted 'Ask him where he gets the before he leaves!'.  I have further stories about the vandalism and the invasions by non-paying local kids.  A now quite well-known country music singer grew up next to Alt Park.  Interested in more?  (Is that Adel in North Leeds?)

Archived