Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

We should have never shut down says NRL boss

5 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

This bloke Peter V'landys doesn't take any prisoners and won't get splinters in his backside sitting on the fence

He worries me, I have to say. There's very little broken with NRL but he seems to want to swing the wrecking ball at every opportunity. Smacks of a big ego.

2 minutes ago, DeadShotKeen said:

He worries me, I have to say. There's very little broken with NRL but he seems to want to swing the wrecking ball at every opportunity. Smacks of a big ego.

I think there is a lot broken with the NRL and that's why he was brought in.

The NRL finances were a total mess and that's why Greenberg got the Spanish Archer

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

I think there is a lot broken with the NRL and that's why he was brought in.

The NRL finances were a total mess and that's why Greenberg got the Spanish Archer

I couldn't comment on the finances but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing broken with the "footy" so this change back to 1 refs and this spurious, subjective "6 again" rule is a head-scratcher here. It does seem to be linked to a desire to save money but it might also suggest that this guy likes making statements and maybe even enemies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeadShotKeen said:

I couldn't comment on the finances but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing broken with the "footy" so this change back to 1 refs and this spurious, subjective "6 again" rule is a head-scratcher here. It does seem to be linked to a desire to save money but it might also suggest that this guy likes making statements and maybe even enemies.

I suggest you go back to early March and start reading the state of the NRL finances. The Covid-19 crisis exposed the true extent of the NRL's financial state.

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

I suggest you go back to early March and start reading the state of the NRL finances. The Covid-19 crisis exposed the true extent of the NRL's financial state.

It’s only going to improve with Nines mouthpiece V’landys, whose managed to secure a TV deal for less money than the old one...