Benji eyes up Super League

The club that would benefit most from having Benji Marshall is Toronto Wolfpack. They need a quality half and two quality props if they are to be certain to keep their place in Super League.

Given Benji is credited with starring in the World Cup 9s, despite not playing, and has repeatedly maintained that he is not only on a small contract with the Tigers that won't cause salary cap grief, but is also not interested in Super League at all because it's too cold, I'm not sure how excited I'd get by this story.

I thought he was past it at the dragons . He was pretty bad a lot of the time running around like a headless chicken . Credit though he found a new lease of life back at the tigers , but honestly at 36 I’d be looking elsewhere and maybe investing in someone younger and homegrown 

49 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought he was past it at the dragons . He was pretty bad a lot of the time running around like a headless chicken . Credit though he found a new lease of life back at the tigers , but honestly at 36 I’d be looking elsewhere and maybe investing in someone younger and homegrown 

Given his recent form, he’s worth taking on an annual contract for a team who needs an experienced half 

51 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yes, he went through a bit of a slump in form, but looked rejuvenated last season. Still, I'm not sure I'd offer him more than a single-season deal.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The club that would benefit most from having Benji Marshall is Toronto Wolfpack. They need a quality half and two quality props if they are to be certain to keep their place in Super League.

And about 6 good young fast forwards.

As an afterthought if he did end up at the Wokfpack,  what woukd be the average age of the playing roster? 

No bigger fan of Benji than I on his forum and in the last game I saw live in wollongong he certainly turned back the years to control the game against St George-Illawarra.

But If you read closely If he comes to the Northern Hemisphere it will be on the basis that he feels a 35 year old body can hold it together for a one year deal.

Big names may be coming but if a crocked and aged pair of ex-NRL stars like Benji and Greg Inglis can come over and tear up the Super League in 2021 it's not saying much for the quality of the competition is it ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

48 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

No bigger fan of Benji than I on his forum and in the last game I saw live in wollongong he certainly turned back the years to control the game against St George-Illawarra.

But If you read closely If he comes to the Northern Hemisphere it will be on the basis that he feels a 35 year old body can hold it together for a one year deal.

Big names may be coming but if a crocked and aged pair of ex-NRL stars like Benji and Greg Inglis can come over and tear up the Super League in 2021 it's not saying much for the quality of the competition is it ?

Benji is still tearing it up in NRL so how’s it any different?

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I suspect that know NRL club wants him.

How do you no that?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Benji is still tearing it up in NRL so how’s it any different?

To be clear, He was tearing it up in the one game  and it was against St George. It remains to be see how he and West Tigers go once the NRL restarts however, one year older and tearing it up in Super League on weekly basis ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

10 hours ago, The Future is League said:

That my friend is why he's trying to get a super league club

Do you mean that Benji is rich enough to bye a SuperLeague club?

Archived