Broncos to sign England Union International

10 hours ago, B rad said:

Weakest team in my life time. Go back5 years with Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Inglis, even Hayne. Who is at that level now? RLWC might be fairly exciting next year if it goes ahead. 

Hugely so, I’ve always thought Munster is overrated, flatters to deceive too often. Be interesting to see how Mitchell Moses continues this year as I have a feeling he’ll take a Kangaroos jersey 

7 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Hugely so, I’ve always thought Munster is overrated, flatters to deceive too often. Be interesting to see how Mitchell Moses continues this year as I have a feeling he’ll take a Kangaroos jersey 

I like Munster but his temperament is suspect when things are going badly.

I rate Wighton highly as a running half but it may be that his rep career is largely at centre given the lack of depth there.

Moses is a talent and well suited to the open game.

Tedesco is a very fine fullback and Ponga can be the impact bench player to fizz against tiring defences.

None of the halves are likely to step up to Lockyer/Thurston/Cronk level let alone having several at that level at the same time.

No hooker even fit to wear the same jersey number as Cameron Smith.

They do have some very dynamic forwards who can be superstars in David Fifita and Payne Haas who both have the potential to be the best forward to emerge since Jason Taumalolo.

18 hours ago, B rad said:

Weakest team in my life time. Go back5 years with Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Inglis, even Hayne. Who is at that level now? RLWC might be fairly exciting next year if it goes ahead. 

I can't recall the number of times I've heard the Kangaroos pack, or halves, or three-quarters described as the weakest in living memory... and nearly every time*, who do we see with the trophy and bottles of bubbly on the last day? 

*The other times, it was a team with a silver fern on their shirts, not a red cross or a lion.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I can't recall the number of times I've heard the Kangaroos pack, or halves, or three-quarters described as the weakest in living memory... and nearly every time*, who do we see with the trophy and bottles of bubbly on the last day? 

*The other times, it was a team with a silver fern on their shirts, not a red cross or a lion.

Unfortunately this is very true. A weak OZ team on paper is often better than thought once out on the field. If it's losing too, it's usually to NZ for sure. 

I think the Kangaroos have too much quality in the backs and halves for England sadly. 

On 02/06/2020 at 06:02, Futtocks said:

Yep that is true but still my statement stands who in the Australian team is at that level? 

Consider since the last RLWC Aus has only won 50% of its games.

20 minutes ago, B rad said:

Yep that is true but still my statement stands who in the Australian team is at that level? 

Consider since the last RLWC Aus has only won 50% of its games.

Until we see a "W" next to England or GB in the records, we're still officially behind. And the last couple of weeks has seen plenty of next-generation youngsters making their mark in the NRL.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived