Broncos to sign England Union International

Dang.,. there was I thinking David Hughes had splashed the casgh for 2021...☹️

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I found an interesting snippet of news from Fox in Oz:

Ben Te’o - commenting on a Fox article where they’d listed 10 potential cross-code stars from RU to the NRL - suggested that Danny Cipriani had considered options to join the NRL in the past.

That really surprised me; a UK RU half back has never really seemed top of the shopping list for a NRL club. There’s a plethora of half-back talent over in Oz.

13 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Ben Te’o - commenting on a Fox article where they’d listed 10 potential cross-code stars from RU to the NRL - suggested that Danny Cipriani had considered options to join the NRL in the past.

That really surprised me; a UK RU half back has never really seemed top of the shopping list for a NRL club. There’s a plethora of half-back talent over in Oz.

Cipriani is arguably the best NH fly half in Union and has great passing abilities. He's a player who would be able to do a decent job at half back in the NRL imo. Only issue is he would require a big salary and its not clear if he would be worth it, ie would he be a star half back? 

He also has played in Oz, in super rugby about 10 years ago. 

The list is probably speculative as it's for an article tbh. 

Ben Te’o is a very good signing for The Broncos and him being there shows how a year can be a long time in life and alot can change. From the England Union squad for a WC to Japan to the NRL. 

5 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Have you got a link to that article please

6 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Cipriani is arguably the best NH fly half in Union and has great passing abilities. He's a player who would be able to do a decent job at half back in the NRL imo. Only issue is he would require a big salary and its not clear if he would be worth it, ie would he be a star half back? 

I've always wanted to see Cipriani in league.... Think there was rumours of him fancying giving it a go

I agree he could never hope to be a star half back in NRL but I think he'd do a job for a middling SL team pretty much straight away... 

Great rugby brain and great passer

6 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I wonder of NRL clubs consider the publicity factor? I guess not as they don't need it... Whereas a SL club could fine out on nicking Cipriani for all its worth..... 

1 hour ago, arcticchris said:

Have you got a link to that article please

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-best-cross-code-xiii-that-left-ben-teo-annoyed-over-danny-cipriani/

Cipriani who is currently the Rugby Players’ Association player of the year and switching to league is something that has come close to being a reality in the past as the 32-year-old Gloucester fly-half toyed with the prospect of moving to the NRL throughout his career.

20 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I don't think there really is atm. If you look at the past halfbacks in the Australian comp the guys there now are really a few levels below. 

8 hours ago, B rad said:

I don't think there really is atm. If you look at the past halfbacks in the Australian comp the guys there now are really a few levels below. 

Definitely agree it’s a shallow pool currently.

When Daly Cherry-Evans is the incumbent 7 for the Kangaroos and not even really fighting anyone off you know it’s a far cry from the days when they Alfie Langer and Ricky Stuart contesting the jersey. Definitely the weakest first choice halfback the Aussies have had in my lifetime.

Te'o is a really good centre. Played for the Lions.

Didn't get selected by England for the 2019 RU World Cup because of a training field "altercation"  with Mike Brown. Both dropped.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Reckon he’ll definitely be the best paid player at Souths Logan Magpies in 2021, good luck to him. Can’t see much Broncos action beyond bench-warming for them during next year’s Origin season... 

...you’d want to retain 3 or 4 great juniors instead of them moving to Melbourne for the same money instead surely? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Cipriani would absolutely not make a good NRL half. He wouldn't make a good SL half but might be able to play Championship. A couple of us took the time to watch him closely in a game once and he just simply would not be able to play league. He played like an u15s player, running across, never squaring up, terrible passing, worse defence. 

He might have looked good in union where the halves have a very different job. I'd love to have seen him try and play NRL, it would have been hilarious. Same as Gavin Henson when he was mooted as coming to League.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 27/05/2020 at 06:16, arcticchris said:

Definitely agree it’s a shallow pool currently.

When Daly Cherry-Evans is the incumbent 7 for the Kangaroos and not even really fighting anyone off you know it’s a far cry from the days when they Alfie Langer and Ricky Stuart contesting the jersey. Definitely the weakest first choice halfback the Aussies have had in my lifetime.

Weakest team in my life time. Go back5 years with Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Inglis, even Hayne. Who is at that level now? RLWC might be fairly exciting next year if it goes ahead. 

Archived