Tony Gigot - free agent.

11 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I think he'd love fev. A much better place than Toronto or the south of france?

He wouldn't survive at Fev. He be too tempted and distracted by the nightlife there.

Although I initially thought he might get an offer from TO, and leaving that aside, how many clubs might want him as I personally don’t think he’s a FB.

Cas - following Rankins departure.  They have a slot ready.

Hudds? - remembering Rankin was actually a Giants player.

Hull? - following news of Kelly leaving.

In SL (and no doubt he’ll sign for Saints when I write this!) I could only see Cas.

In the Champs - London.

57 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Although I initially thought he might get an offer from TO, and leaving that aside, how many clubs might want him as I personally don’t think he’s a FB.

In SL (and no doubt he’ll sign for Saints when I write this!) I could only see Cas.

In the Champs - London.

I don't think he'll be back for what would be his 3rd or 4th time with us. They never ended well previously ?

14 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Yes, like Salford, could be a good option.

Yes, but  unlike Salford, which would be a better option.

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

He would not last an hour.

He'll last longer than that when SRD's fitness team get hold of him, no worries.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

13 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

Be Salford Evalds is joining Cas in the next week or so. 

Good that would involve a fee!

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

In the Champs - London.

Cas already have a replacement signed up - Niall Evalds. Why would they sign a full back for whatever games we salvage from this season when they won't need him next year?

Hudds had loaned out Rankin so it isn't really the same impact on their squad as if a player that was playing games for them had gone. We all know that with the exception of a developing youngster that a player going on loan is almost always a precursor to getting rid anyway. I imagine they already replaced Rankin prior to this season.

With reportedly half of the SL clubs keen on reducing the cap and thus their wage bills I doubt anyone will sign him. I think he will go to RU as he will likely have little option unless he fancies Elite 1.

1 minute ago, wiganermike said:

Cas already have a replacement signed up - Niall Evalds. Why would they sign a full back for whatever games we salvage from this season when they won't need him next year?

Hudds had loaned out Rankin so it isn't really the same impact on their squad as if a player that was playing games for them had gone. We all know that with the exception of a developing youngster that a player going on loan is almost always a precursor to getting rid anyway. I imagine they already replaced Rankin prior to this season.

With reportedly half of the SL clubs keen on reducing the cap and thus their wage bills I doubt anyone will sign him. I think he will go to RU as he will likely have little option unless he fancies Elite 1.

I any club would offer him a pittance in the hope he’s desperate enough, but obviously the current situation and all that...

I think the last sentence is on the money though.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

He'll last longer than that when SRD's fitness team get hold of him, no worries.

I don't think it's his fitness that you should questioning ?

8 minutes ago, Click said:

I don't think it's his fitness that you should questioning ?

I don't question or worry, we have Watto for everything else!

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think Salford and Cas would be equally good for Gigot in terms of being under a coach who is exceptionally good at man management

2 hours ago, wiganermike said:

If Cas want to be serious about winning trophies, they must allow for injuries to key players.  Gigot might well end up being second in the FB pecking order to Evalds, but that doesn't mean he would never get a look in there.  That is where Powell's man management skills would come into play, with no petulant sulking by Gigot.  Gigot could also do a decent job in other spine positions too.

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I think Salford and Cas would be equally good for Gigot in terms of being under a coach who is exceptionally good at man management

Naah! SRD is the key to reopening his career, Cas is just a step backwards for everyone!

Captain of the Ottawa Aces..Frenchman in a bilingual city, they'd lap him up plus the added bonus of all those Quebecois hotties chasing him around the Byward market..

2 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Captain of the Ottawa Aces..Frenchman in a bilingual city, they'd lap him up plus the added bonus of all those Quebecois hotties chasing him around the Byward market..

I support your 'MEMORANDUM' to make Gigot captain of the Ottawa Aces!  Great idea!

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I support your 'MEMORANDUM' to make Gigot captain of the Ottawa Aces!  Great idea!

He'd be  brilliant signing for them n'est pas?

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Naah! SRD is the key to reopening his career, Cas is just a step backwards for everyone!

Any chance you might just be a tad biased here, Oxford?  Only asking!

20 hours ago, TIWIT said:

What part of France is he from? Would les Quebecois even understand him?

oh yeh he'd be invited to every festival de poutine and strip club opening from Hull to Shawinigan!

Archived