Thank you & Goodbye.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10223336676151212&id=1415012456&sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=vSHrd0L7N6LUwBgi

Yes, I've tried all the agencies, Hastings BC, Brighton Housing Trust, CAB

I need a guarantor none of my mates can do that, because they already are to one.

My ex, my consultant Dr mate, last ditch RU coach.

I get £930 in Universal Credit, & Housing Benefit, I get £235 PIP, I get £125 discretionary housing allowance, per month, I am paying £550pcm at the moment, based on my 2017 allowances, & DWP have increased UC//Housing allowance & the numpties at the letting agents say that will only allow me £475 rent, which will not give me a small room, or studio flat anywhere South of Hemel, or within a 250 mile radius of my 11 year old daughter.

I say Thank you & Gòodbye, because on July 3 I will be homeless.

Bleep, I have been shocked and distressed to read this.  Have you been to the Salvation Army?  They offer practical support to those who are homeless, or threatened with being so.

Their citadel in Hastings is in St Andrews Square, with the postcode TN34 1SP.  Their phone no is 01424 426894.  Their work in Hastings is led by Captain Rebecca Zund (rebecca.zund@salvationarmy.org.uk) 

Even if they have nothing to offer immediately in Hastings, they would probably have other contacts, perhaps including some you have not thought of.

I hope and pray that this helps.

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I want to live under my own roof, not under a shelters. I have furniture. Thank You

I don't know what options they might be able to offer.  Do you?

On 26/05/2020 at 21:33, Bleep1673 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10223336676151212&id=1415012456&sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=vSHrd0L7N6LUwBgi

Yes, I've tried all the agencies, Hastings BC, Brighton Housing Trust, CAB

I need a guarantor none of my mates can do that, because they already are to one.

My ex, my consultant Dr mate, last ditch RU coach.

I get £930 in Universal Credit, & Housing Benefit, I get £235 PIP, I get £125 discretionary housing allowance, per month, I am paying £550pcm at the moment, based on my 2017 allowances, & DWP have increased UC//Housing allowance & the numpties at the letting agents say that will only allow me £475 rent, which will not give me a small room, or studio flat anywhere South of Hemel, or within a 250 mile radius of my 11 year old daughter.

I say Thank you & Gòodbye, because on July 3 I will be homeless.

Cornwallis Terrace, £425 pcm, https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-79832917.html - so near to the station and a straightforward bus through St Leonards to Silverhill

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Cornwallis Terrace, £425 pcm, https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-79832917.html - so near to the station and a straightforward bus through St Leonards to Silverhill

I have furniture, anything less than a 1 bed will result in a major sale, but I might think about it,

I didnt move from an Uxbridge Studio to remain in the same, in an unemployment hole, paying more for it.

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have furniture, anything less than a 1 bed will result in a major sale, but I might think about it,

I didnt move from an Uxbridge Studio to remain in the same, in an unemployment hole, paying more for it.

One bed, looks like it's at the top end of Bohemia Road. £450pcm.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-70765068.html

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, as I don’t mean it in a nasty spirt.

But why do you find it so hard to get employment? If the answer is too personal just ignore 

CV is too NHS Sub-serviant  very little proof of management, too little proof of teaching with a certificate. 

I did 20 years gaining experience working for agencies in NHS & Private operating theatres, I've operated on road /rail crash, & bomb victims, dying children & their parents, kids who needed plastic surgery to help them succle, ToP where it was the mothers or babies life, 

Another 10 years of management in Theatre. I am banging on every door, but because I am 57 no one gives a sh41t

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

CV is too NHS Sub-serviant  very little proof of management, too little proof of teaching with a certificate. 

I did 20 years gaining experience working for agencies in NHS & Private operating theatres, I've operated on road /rail crash, & bomb victims, dying children & their parents, kids who needed plastic surgery to help them succle, ToP where it was the mothers or babies life, 

Another 10 years of management in Theatre. I am banging on every door, but because I am 57 no one gives a sh41t

Can you operate the NHS computer system? If so they are usually looking for staff who can. Especially at the moment. 

The NHS also has its own agency where I live. I don't know if they have there?

If you need further details you can PM me. 

Am I missing something here?

You get £ 1290?

National minimum wage is £1395. So you could do a bit of nationally important fruit picking and have an extra £100  a month

My OAP pension after 42 years  of contribution is £580 ( Add on my wife's pension and our COMBINED pension is £170 less than yours

I WORKED for 57 years and  counting (covid permitting)  often had 2 jobs which meant I paid 2 stamps.

I must have signed the wrong form when I got my national insurance number.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Am I missing something here?

Yes, I reckon so. I think there may be a bit of history. Too outspoken at interviews maybe? 

Anyway, I thought the NHS were desperate for contact chasing staff. 

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Thinking about this again, so what if your CV is full of NHS work? Unless you’re actually trying for a job in that area, all you have to do is class it as continuous employment. ie ‘I worked in the NHS for 30 years but I’m now looking for a new challenge’ or something like that. Having a lot of experience in one field needn’t hold you back, it shows you could hold down a job.

It wouldn’t matter a bit if you were going for a job in Sainsbury’s for instance, whether you had worked as a brain surgeon or had been a bottle washer all your life, employment history is just an example of what you’ve *done*, not what you can’t do in future.

If I could get a job as a bottle washer, I would take it. But they are  being offered to students, as are all menial jobs. Job opportunities/openings for Under 25's, & Stuff the over 55's, they can rot.

22 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yes, I reckon so. I think there may be a bit of history. Too outspoken at interviews maybe? 

Anyway, I thought the NHS were desperate for contact chasing staff. 

Except those they sacked because of a problem, not that desperate yet it seems.

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I think you would be surprised mate, you aren’t exactly an OAP.  Just don’t rule anything out or think ‘I’m not going to do *that*’.....you never know what an opening somewhere, however apparently menial, might lead to.

He who dares Rodders.......

I'm 58 in a couple of weeks, I have holes in my CV that resemble a HKR  defense.

Just now, Johnoco said:

So? You do a bit of creative writing. Like actors, you weren’t unemployed you were resting.

A bit of BS can go a long way when needs must. 

I am adapt at BS, I could probably lecture at University in BS, I have blogged & bs'ed into great events.

Have you seen anyone be pitch side at an international with a video club card?

Or run through a bunch of pro photographers & take one of Blair as he is on his knees, only to lose his phone on the way home?

France v England RU @ Parc de Prance I brazenly went into the HOME dressing room, stood chatting to the French coach.

2006 Grand final I blagged myself so close to the presentation party I thought I was giving the trophy away.

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

With all it’s sham, drudgery and broken dreams,

It is still a beautiful world. 

Strive to be happy.

Lyrics from ‘Desiderata’. It’s not an exaggeration to say this song*has changed my head for the better. ??

*song/tea towel/poster whatever it is

what drugs are you smoking? have u seen what us locusts are doing?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 2 weeks later...

I am truly sorry you ended up in this predicament, it says shedloads about how wrong things are.

On a lighter note I think I know where you went wrong.

On 29/05/2020 at 17:03, Bleep1673 said:

France v England RU @ Parc de Prance

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived