Graham

BOO! Big League Magazine BOO!

Hey up, I've just read this shocking news:

Big League

NOTE FOR BIG LEAGUE SUBSCRIBERS

Big League magazine will cease publication for the remainder of the 2020 NRL season.

In close consultation with the NRL, it was agreed that the ongoing costs of producing a high quality magazine in an environment where the season will be played without live audiences was no longer sustainable, despite a loyal and invaluable readership.

If you are an existing subscriber, we will be in touch shortly with some more information. Should you have any questions in the interim, please contact us at subs@magsonline.com.au

Thank you for your loyalty and commitment to Big League magazine

Well I am a subscriber and I am really disappointed.

I read what they say and I realise the strength of their argument.

All the same...

It's a big step to take to close it down for the rest of this year.

I have an online subscription which is the only efficient way of being able to read the magazine, before the round starts, up here in the northern hemisphere.

So good luck to them and I hope their readership is as loyal and committed to them as they hope.

Drat!

498466224_SignaturePhoto50pc.png.ebf8c0b74856744d845b1ea264878482.png

Once something  disappears for a period of time it will be difficult for it to return.

Yes, Irish St and what happens to their journalists, production and distribution staff until 2021. 
Will they stick around loyally or will they look for other opportunities?

On 28/05/2020 at 04:16, Graham said:

Yes, Irish St and what happens to their journalists, production and distribution staff until 2021. 
Will they stick around loyally or will they look for other opportunities?

Exactly mate,good sports journos are as rare as hens teeth these days and now that Murdoch`s sacking thousands more around the world,the profession will soon die out.

You will be interested to Know then that League Unlimited are producing a Big League type mag this season FREE and in PDF format  - A stonking read

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34597-leagueunlimited-the-front-row-volume-1-edition-2/?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=notice&utm_campaign=round4_2020

Round-4-Program.pdf

• Like 2

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

On 04/06/2020 at 09:56, THE RED ROOSTER said:

You will be interested to Know then that League Unlimited are producing a Big League type mag this season FREE and in PDF format  - A stonking read

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34597-leagueunlimited-the-front-row-volume-1-edition-2/?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=notice&utm_campaign=round4_2020

Round-4-Program.pdf 8.7 MB · 5 downloads

Thanks, chief. Good read.

This week’s issue here https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34637-leagueunlimited-the-front-row-volume-1-edition-3/

I don't even think I was contacted and told about this as a subscriber. I don't think I was offered any compensation.

I think it is incredibly weak to stop publishing it.

7 hours ago, DlEHARD said:

I don't even think I was contacted and told about this as a subscriber. I don't think I was offered any compensation.

I think it is incredibly weak to stop publishing it.

Well as a subscriber after that message above (either from an email or Facebook...  can’t remember which) I have heard nothing from them. I thought they’d have offered a refund or at least something regarding next season’s subscription. The silence from them is deafening.