Max King - Melbourne Storm

According to NRL.com he was born in Maitland, NSW. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

54 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

According to NRL.com he was born in Maitland, NSW. 

Wikipedia says he grew up in Maitland, but was born in Huddersfield. His father, grandfather and great-grandfather all played RL in NSW, so I'm guessing he's pretty Australian.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Could well have been born in Huddersfield. Rugby League Project (a great resource by the way) says his Dad, David King, played for the Huddersfield between ‘97-‘99 and finished up playing a solitary game for Hunslet in the 2000 Challenge Cup. 

Being born in England does not automatically make someone British, one of the parents needs to be British, Irish or an EU citizen to qualify. So yes, RLIF rules mean he would be eligible to play for England by right of birth, however Home Office rules mean he is unlikely to be a British citizen and therefore not entitled to a UK passport.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

51 minutes ago, flyingking said:

Being born in England does not automatically make someone British, one of the parents needs to be British, Irish or an EU citizen to qualify. So yes, RLIF rules mean he would be eligible to play for England by right of birth, however Home Office rules mean he is unlikely to be a British citizen and therefore not entitled to a UK passport.

So he can play for England.....

Archived