Sat 30 May: NRL: New Zealand Warriors v St George Illawarra Dragons (Sky TV 5.55am)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand Warriors
    • St George Illawarra Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/20 at 04:55

If they were not playing St George, then I would fear for the Warriors being on the end of a 60-70 point caning under the new rules. As it is Paul McGregor to get a weeks stay of execution.

Watch the performance of James Graham in this game because when I saw him live at Woolongong v Wests he did look off the pace. Watch the game and let us know what you think

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Too early to watch live, but I expect to wake up tomorrow and find that the Warriors have underwhelmed again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Is it being sped up at the play the ball? It feels like I’m a Charlie Chaplin film! I’ve heard the NRL speed up games to make them seem faster but it seems really noticeable in this game.  

How could they do that in a live game?

3 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

Glad to see Warriors actually putting in a worthwhile performance. First 40 sets completed is pretty incredible. The Dragons, however, look like they could play until the next pandemic and still not score

Now 43 from 43 for the warriors..

18 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Only just tuned in, but that’s an incredible stat about the Warriors’ set completion.

Yeah, class. They’ve looked good. Amazing considering they’ve relocated, have all been away from home etc. What an effort. 

Just now, Curly perm said:

Yeah, class. They’ve looked good. Amazing considering they’ve relocated, have all been away from home etc. What an effort. 

Yes, I wonder if it’s one of those situations where they’ve been able to achieve total focus and togetherness through being holed up together.

Was James Graham injured today as he only played 28 minutes. I didn't hear anything on commentary.

I know he has had a phenomenal career and is one of the modern greats but I cant see what he is adding to this Dragons team now.

They are not using any of his ball handling skills and he is playing as a straight up and down middle forward and he simply isn't doing that job as well as some of the other players for the Dragons.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Was James Graham injured today as he only played 28 minutes. I didn't hear anything on commentary.

I know he has had a phenomenal career and is one of the modern greats but I cant see what he is adding to this Dragons team now.

They are not using any of his ball handling skills and he is playing as a straight up and down middle forward and he simply isn't doing that job as well as some of the other players for the Dragons.

It seemed odd to play him at loose forward when that move was hardly a conspicuous success for the lions

The Dragons backline seemed to be making plenty of ground but the Warriors led their halfbacks a merry dance in defence.  Hunt had a go but Corey Norman didn’t seem involved enough for me.  Warriors just kept the ball and pressure up and took their opportunities well.

I agree with Dunbar though regarding Graham.  He didn’t do much wrong in defence but I think this new rule will limit certain players strengths.  His age and the amount of battles he’s been in the thick of might just be telling.  Hope he can pick his game up it up to finish his NRL career.

Just watched the highlights. Good to see a Warriors win, but they have served up their fair share of false dawns before.

I'm glad this wasn't the first televised game after the lockdown.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tremendous result for NZ Warriors, when you are on your own in a foreign country for a while, the only thing you can do is circle the wagons and that's what they have done. I still think when come up against a good team they will be taken to the cleaner,s but kudos for the performamce today

"Mary" McGregor's reign has ended following that performance , he is maybe not getting the sack now but St George will surely make a move for Wayne Bennett (Shane Flanagan being banned from coaching until 2022). There's no fire coming out of Mary's Dragons.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

58 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Tremendous result for NZ Warriors, when you are on your own in a foreign country for a while, the only thing you can do is circle the wagons and that's what they have done. I still think when come up against a good team they will be taken to the cleaner,s but kudos for the performamce today

"Mary" McGregor's reign has ended following that performance , he is maybe not getting the sack now but St George will surely make a move for Wayne Bennett (Shane Flanagan being banned from coaching until 2022). There's no fire coming out of Mary's Dragons.

He should be getting the sack now . No way is that roster that bad . He’s had more than a fair shot , he can’t complain . Today that was terrible . It was just completely toothless in attack . Lateral shift , zero direction , disjointed . The halves are playing totally separate games and offering very little . I doubt they’d have scored if they carried on playing after the Warriors had got showered and on the bus. Shocking 

Archived