Sat 30 May: NRL: Cronulla Sharks v Wests Tigers (Sky TV 8.25am)

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Cronulla Sharks
    • Wests Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/20 at 07:25

The battle of the Kiwi haves Shaun Johnson for Sharkies and Benji Marshall for Wests.

Cronulla have sputtered this season with the Josh Morris saga sitting over the first two games in which the Sharks looked flat. Though against Souths about 6,000 in the cavernous ANZ stadium is a flat experience full stop.

Like the Roosters, Sharkies need a win but I never bet againt Benji so West Tigers for me.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

A couple of teams that I wouldn’t normally tune in to watch so this will be an interesting battle for me.

I seem to remember when I was looking at the preseason betting previews there was some hype and hope around Cronulla this year.

I guess though the wider situation could even the playing field.

Great half.  

The Tigers got off to a fantastic two try lead capitalising on mistakes by the Sharks.  But to be fair to Cronulla they stuck to their plan and played with great panache to exploit the right side of the Tigers again and again.  

The best move of the half deserved a try after a grubber kick to release the winger near halfway was grubbered back inside and only an errant pass spoiled the move after some desperate defence.

Great try there, and it is now only a 2-point lead for the Sharks.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Questionable penalty for a strip - kicked to level the scores.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wests take the lead! Weak tackling sees David Nofoaluma run it straight back through the Sharks from a drop-out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

The Sharks really lost their way in this second half.

Yep, fitness will play a  big part in second halves for a little while yet.

FT 28-16 Tigers.

When I am in Sydney I stay in the Shire, so I hve seen a lot of Cronulla over the years and  have to say that there are players in that Sharks side who have given have given me the distinct impression that they are going through the motions, including certain people earning big dollar contracts. This is unaccepatable full stop, and coach Morris once the Sharkies season has ended, and at this rate it will be a month or so, needs to have a clear out at Sharkies of all those stealing a living in the shire.

On a brighter note despite not bringing his kicking boots, BenjI had a reasonable game, I still would not be bringing him over to Super League as a 36 year old next year.. Unless its for London broncos of course....?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

3 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

When I am in Sydney I stay in the Shire, so I hve seen a lot of Cronulla over the years and  have to say that there are players in that Sharks side who have given have given me the distinct impression that they are going through the motions, including certain people earning big dollar contracts. This is unaccepatable full stop, and coach Morris once the Sharkies season has ended, and at this rate it will be a month or so, needs to have a clear out at Sharkies of all those stealing a living in the shire.

On a brighter note despite not bringing his kicking boots, BenjI had a reasonable game, I still would not be bringing him over to Super League as a 36 year old next year.. Unless its for London broncos of course....?

The Benj can play.  I think it’d be a disservice to go to London as he could steer any SL team around.  

Enjoyed that game . Cronulla just way off the sum of their parts , how much has Johnson regressed ? Way outplayed by Benji . Tigers if anything play above themselves , they’re a real tradesman team who gel really well and look well drilled by McGuire . By the way , why do Fox drag Hannah Hollis to grounds to join comms . Her name keeps coming up and she literally tells us the weather forecast at the start and later on reads out that the Matty Johns show is coming up or what games on next ... so stay tuned 

Archived