Fake Crowd Figures Takes A New Twist

What are your thoughts of the fake crowd noises of tonight’s Eels v Broncos game?

I am usually very anti fake stuff like digital pitch adverts, but on this occasion, I find it has a very positive effect on my viewing pleasure of this game.

Was sceptical at first but it’s really added to the spectacle. They do need to broaden the recordings a little though. The disallowed Parra try in the first half really was lacking a “FORRRRWWWAAAARRRDD” cry from the crowd. 

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Was sceptical at first but it’s really added to the spectacle. They do need to broaden the recordings a little though. The disallowed Parra try in the first half really was lacking a “FORRRRWWWAAAARRRDD” cry from the crowd. 

For NWC they could have the voiceover of some 80 yo granny screaming “get off his head!”

Love it, even Vossy was honest enough to say “we’ve got our virtual audio crowd here adding to the atmosphere of this one.”

Love it, not pretending to be anything it isn’t, whilst doing the exact opposite.

The coverage has obviously been well thought out, not only have they included recorded crowd noise but the camera crew and directors have avoided shots of empty seats.

The results mitigate the impact of there being no spectators in the stadium, well done I say

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

The coverage has obviously been well thought out, not only have they included recorded crowd noise but the camera crew and directors have avoided shots of empty seats.

The wife commented that there was very few shots of empty seats apart from the kicks at goal.  But in saying that the camera work seemed no different from any other game.

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Hope Sky does it for Super League. Sport is escapism for many and the eerie echoey     lack of crowd noise reminds us all too easily of lockdown etc. Fake crowd noise works on a kind of psychological level. 

Fake crowds and empty seats - win win for you MoK ? Enjoy!

Thought it worked really well . Apart from when you see the stands you don’t really notice there’s no fans . It’s not intrusive , it’s just complimentary . Excellent innovation and I can see other sports following . Bit of cowbell would be the icing and maybe a few recorded abuse shouts to the ref 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Thought it worked really well . Apart from when you see the stands you don’t really notice there’s no fans . It’s not intrusive , it’s just complimentary . Excellent innovation and I can see other sports following . Bit of cowbell would be the icing and maybe a few recorded abuse shouts to the ref 

"get em onsiiiiiiiddee!!!!!!" 

Archived