Thoughts, rants, or something to ponder.

I'll start with a Q & A quotation from Alan Watts.

Q. If you knew the atom bomb was about to fall, what would you do?

A. I should go right on eating dinner.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

20 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

I'll start with a Q & A quotation from Alan Watts.

Q. If you knew the atom bomb was about to fall, what would you do?

A. I should go right on eating dinner.

Reminded me of these from the peaceful time when we only had to worry about Russian nuclear bombs

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

Reminded me of these from the peaceful time when we only had to worry about Russian nuclear bombs

Yes, but would it spoil your mash?

2 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

Back in my day, we had two doses of radiation per day just to keep us hardy. Not like modern namby-pamby youngsters who’ve never been let play with microwave emitters or encouraged to dip fingers into bowls of mercury. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

15 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cragg Vale is beautiful and the beer from the nearby micro brewery is great too!

Cragg is a beaut of a place. Used to end up there after rabbiting up on the moor around Stoodley Pike and Withens.

1 hour ago, Mister Ting said:

Eventually.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, ckn said:

Back in my day, we had two doses of radiation per day just to keep us hardy. Not like modern namby-pamby youngsters who’ve never been let play with microwave emitters or encouraged to dip fingers into bowls of mercury. 

Sellafield , Chernobyl fallout , gawd knows what . Me , many others I know and relations hit by cancer ... how would you ever know how things have a knock on effect ?

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sellafield , Chernobyl fallout , gawd knows what . Me , many others I know and relations hit by cancer ... how would you ever know how things have a knock on effect ?

Don't forget all the nuclear weapons tests, including a few atmospheric ones that'll have thrown radiation around the world.

Kids these days don't know how lucky they are. I bet none of them have even seen a white dog excrement.

Archived