Danny Houghton

Big blow to Hull IF TRUE !

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

9 hours ago, BJW said:

Big blow to Hull IF TRUE !

It depends who his replacement was. 

He's 32 this year, and his work rate and the minutes he has played through his career have shown signs of taking their toll over the past couple of years. He cant keep making 60 tackles per game into his mid 30s, and without that work rate he is just a fairly average hooker.

He'll go down as a club legend, but if this is true it might be a good move all round. Hull can get an upgrade and Toronto can get some much needed experience and leadership.

Very big question on who replaces him. Agree he can't keep up that work rate for too many more seasons and even had he just moved on to retirement/dropping down a division etc will be a big hole in the side to plug.

Who do you suggest they bring in to replace him ? Can't think of many available players with those tackle numbers either on the market or coming through ?

Or is it a negotiating tool as he's OOC at end of 2020 season so perhaps him or his agent are using the bogeyman of Toronto to nudge the club ?

22 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Danny Houghton to Toronto. 

Would be the best signing Wolfpack have made ever.... Including Money Bill

That little tackling machine is ten times the hooker Ackers is

I also enjoyed watching him with a bit of hair left in the Hull Magic Derby from 2012 on Sky this week. Will a bigger contract mean he can go for plugs?... 

1 hour ago, BJW said:

Very big question on who replaces him. Agree he can't keep up that work rate for too many more seasons and even had he just moved on to retirement/dropping down a division etc will be a big hole in the side to plug.

I think Rhinos plan Leeming as first choice hooker (when recovered) which leaves Dwyer playing back up. 

I personally rate Dwyer and I suspect he'd prefer to be a starter 

In 2019 DH made the most average metres he has over the last 4 seasons.  7.59m.  In an erratically performing side he did very well.  Top tackler again.

Like all players who are committed to tackle he’s coming to the end of his career in the top flight but he’s been the benchmark for tackling across SL for many years.  I think he’ll finish 2020 interchanging with Johnstone.

The story for him at Hull hasn’t finished yet but no doubt he’s been an absolute champion for the Club.  Hull fans will never forget his tackle to prevent Currie a try in the CC.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

In 2019 DH made the most average metres he has over the last 4 seasons.  7.59m.  In an erratically performing side he did very well.  Top tackler again.

Like all players who are committed to tackle he’s coming to the end of his career in the top flight but he’s been the benchmark for tackling across SL for many years.  I think he’ll finish 2020 interchanging with Johnstone.

The story for him at Hull hasn’t finished yet but no doubt he’s been an absolute champion for the Club.  Hull fans will never forget his tackle to prevent Currie a try in the CC.

What tackle? 

12 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think Rhinos plan Leeming as first choice hooker (when recovered) which leaves Dwyer playing back up. 

I personally rate Dwyer and I suspect he'd prefer to be a starter 

But as neither plays for Hull FC what does that have to do with the topic ? 

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Errrrr... They could sign him you tool

Makes perfect sense, especially when they already have Jordan Johnstone. ?

Of course you are privy to his plans for the future and if he's leaving Leeds perhaps you'd like to tell the Rhinos ?

Archived