Kev's missive today.

phildog

I'm not even sure I should be considering posting this, but as you must know by now I have this propensity to not being afraid to ask awkward but what I consider sensible questions!! Supporters are obviously doing their bit keeping the club going, it's the club having to start contributing to the government help that is Kev and The Board's next problem, talking about an unexpected  8 grand (at least)  expense depending on how long actions on hold.. As we clearly know, there will be no return to action in front of a paying crowd this year as much as we hoped as large gatherings won't be happening without a vaccination.  Now, PLEASE don't shoot from the hip....are any of the players chipping in to the draws, are they in contact either individually or as a squad with the board/ coach with any suggestions/offers to help meet costs? I assume they're seeing Kev's video clips as we are. This isn't meant as a hatchet job in any sense, just a slant on thinking. As much as we like to think of ourselves as a family club of which the players are members, then as such they have to be aware of the situation as well and keep putting their shoulders to the wheel which might be in coming to the board with proposals for deferring some payments if they want the club to be there to return to. I am now retiring to the cupboard under the stairs just in case this hurts.....

And on at least two occasions it as been mentioned that the squad as a whole are contributing to the draw.

Just keep your head down and do what you can to help, every penny is valuble.

i think every bit helps,but dont forget some a the lads cant do their daily job if place is closed, or cant work safe so might just struggle themselves.up the doggies.

Archived