Will the Championship be resuming?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

And your view is how many ?

You're not interested in my view.

You're just looking for an opportunity to promote your own.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

7 minutes ago, Griff said:

You're not interested in my view.

You're just looking for an opportunity to promote your own.

You said we play too many games , you suggest we need quality over quantity , so what is your balance over quality and quantity , that will provide enough money to pay the costs of running/renting a stadium and all the associated costs if running a club including paying the players enough to make it worth their while being professional ? 

It's not a difficult question 

It's called debate 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

A stupid question deserves a stupid answer 

Have a good day 

Yeah, I've seen the level at which you like to debate.

How in gods name will Championship and Championship 1 clubs be able to resume playing without gate money?

How in gods name will they be able to pay the players wages and other running costs which I believe will include the testing of players at a cost of around £3K(minimum)per week with just Central funding which in itself frankly is not that great?

To me it seems as if it is a case that for most of the clubs to resume it will systematically cost them money.

To me I think it is a complete non starter and the sooner some people realise it such as that penis at Leigh Derek Beaumont,the better.

And frankly he is the last person who should be telling others what to do after almost taking Leigh to the abyss.

52 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

If the season is scrapped with no promotion,so be it.No compensation.

No skin off my nose.

51 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Think the RFL/SL need to be honest.

Will there be P&R?

If the answer is no, then see how many still want to restart!

Apparently promotion from the Championship is an RFL decision, but relegation from the SL is a decision made by the SL clubs themselves.

On 06/06/2020 at 10:13, Griff said:

If they're allowed to go.

Which is a big assumption.

And if they are willing the risk of attending which, given the age distribution of Championship fans, might be considerable.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Can someone please answer this - If the maximum pay out on the furlough scheme is £2,500 per month (£30K p.a.) is that per job or in total? As most Championship players are part time and are furloughed from their full time job, and say for example they are earning £25K from their day job, does that mean they can only claim on £5K p.a. from their rugby earnings?

Also, are the furlough payments on rugby earnings based on a 12 month period, or are they evened out and adjusted according to the length of the season? Also what happens when the season extends past the end of their contract?

It could be relevant and might be a reason why many championship players want to resume playing?

52 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Can someone please answer this - If the maximum pay out on the furlough scheme is £2,500 per month (£30K p.a.) is that per job or in total? As most Championship players are part time and are furloughed from their full time job, and say for example they are earning £25K from their day job, does that mean they can only claim on £5K p.a. from their rugby earnings?

Also, are the furlough payments on rugby earnings based on a 12 month period, or are they evened out and adjusted according to the length of the season? Also what happens when the season extends past the end of their contract?

It could be relevant and might be a reason why many championship players want to resume playing?

Do we really want to be responsible for opening that can of worms Steve? Championship players have enough problems of their own at present as it is. I hear cases, for example, of players whose "full-time job" is actually based upon a zero hours contract who have had drastic reductions in earnings, those who are self-employed and working their way through the current regulations and there will be many more who are really struggling as I say.

Despite the desire of RL fans to know the intricate details of everything I think that this is one to leave alone.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

It's per job, because it's the employer that makes the claim for government funds, not the employee. The employer then separately has to come to an agreement with the employee on what they will receive (ie whether to top up to %100). So in theory people with multiple jobs can receive more than £2500 per month.

On the second point, furlough payments from the government won't look at anything like sports seasons, it's just simply a matter of what the employment contract says. Clubs can claim for 80% what they would have contractually paid the player in any given month of the furlough.    

Furlough ends on October 31st, so will be a non-issue if the question of extending contracts comes up.   

EDIT: Also, are lots of Championship players asking to resume playing? It's not something I've seen reference to but you might be right.

Archived