Saints star in demand

Not yet convinced by Bentley, he's struggling to find his true position.

He doesn't have the pace or handling to play in the 3/4's and his lack of size often see's him outmuscled when playing in the forwards, particularly when playing 2nd row and having to take plenty of hit-ups.

He could make a half-decent ball playing 13 but with Knowles in front of him at Saints I don't think he'll get the opportunity. A move away from Saints could actually be the best thing for his career.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Not really seen anything from him in the games I’ve seen that’s made me sit up and take note . Not helped by being shoved into dummy half . Needs a settled spot in the back row but whether he gets it at saints is another matter 

I think he's got the potential to be an excellent back rower. He's definitely got a bit of John Bateman mongrel and work rate in him. He needs to fill out a bit and i was surprised he was 23, i thought he was a couple of years younger. It would be interesting to see how he went if he did go to NRL

I thought Bentley was really unlucky to miss out on both finals last year. With Taia and McCarthy-Scarsbrook coming to the end of their careers, I would like to see Bentley be given a crack at earning a regular first team spot. I think he's good enough to do it, but he's certainly done enough to be afforded the opportunity.

Archived