Seeing down the touch line.

jamescolin

On the odd occasion I have sat in the main stand. The last time I sat there at the back we scored two tries in the corner, I couldn't see either of them. That is the corner at the railway end of the ground looking left from the main stand. The corner is shielded by some sort of object. Whilst we are not playing could the club do something about it? Even a mirror would be better than non sight.

Was due at Specsavers on April 1st. Shut. OK BST.  Had the family in on the 31st May (spread out of course outside) for my birthday, had a good time, so I am fine. Kind regards. Saw CT had noticed us. Had good times with the Taylor family over the years. Still remember helping out when you were on Ropergate. 

Hi Colin, Jocking apart I understand the problem. I too have experienced the same problem. That's why I try and stand behind the sticks at the POR end.

Look after yourself and hope to see you at POR  before too long.

All the best Bryan. Will look out for you. Regarding f.............. where do you attend? Have been a member in the past, not being able to drive in the dark has curtailed a lot of my activities. Cheers.

The front corner of the club house has been in the way of the line of sight from the main stand ever since the pitch was extended at the railway end. Whenever a try is scored in the top left hand corner it causes confusion in the press area and also with the stadium announcer, and errors have been reported in the past.

A good solution would be a TV screen connected to Jamie's camera on a 30 second delay, although I don't know where you would fix it to keep it safe from the elements and the pigeon? I witnessed something similar a few years ago when Sheffield played at the Greyhound Stadium, but it's likely they were just using the screens in the bar area intended for the Greyhound Racing customers? 

Good idea Bryan. it is frustrating have seen the movement from the beginning and then not able to see if the finish is a try or not. Also if one is awarded or not you cannot see the ending to make your own decision over the event.

Archived