Bateman to return to Super League?

Foxsports are reporting that John Bateman may be returning to Super League next season.

Rumours are circulating his Agent is in discussions with Wigan regarding a $3.5 million 5 year contract so Bateman can be closer to his Daughter.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

39 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Bateman isn’t going to get c.£400k/yr at Wigan. As good as he is, he’s still a backrower. 

Who would you have in your team, John Bateman or Gareth Widdop?

Widdop is actually on 25% more than that figure reputedly offered to Bateman.

8 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Why does all this need to be in the public domain?  If I was him, Id be speaking to this Ayoub and asking him to be more discreet.

Bateman was quoted the other week as saying “My Manager does what I tell him to do”

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Article by James Hooper, who Bateman had a pop at a week or so ago. Bateman will probably stay at Canberra on a better deal, or he'll be going to another NRL team on better money. 

I don't think Wigan have the kind of money to tempt him back.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who would you have in your team, John Bateman or Gareth Widdop?

Widdop is actually on 25% more than that figure reputedly offered to Bateman.

A more pertinent question might be would you rather have Dec Patton than Gareth Widdop, Harold. 

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

A more pertinent question might be would you rather have Dec Patton than Gareth Widdop, Harold. 

On present form - if there us such a thing, I would have the 'General'.

Why there was such astonishment from some quarters when Mr Wane left Widdop out of his England selection I just can't figure out, he does not warrent selection.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

If he wants to be closer to his family it won’t all be about money. 

This is true, but he went to the NRL to provide for his daughter, he said as much in the short video segment done by Fox ( i think ) recently. And was happy making the sacrifice to better her future opportunities.

With that in mind It would be surprising if he then decided to come home. The opportunities that exist in the NRL for players are not just salary related. 3rd party endorsements etc

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

If he wants to be closer to his family it won’t all be about money. 

think this whole awful situation we have all been in  has given people time to think, I have 2 grown up kids and when I think back I have hardly any memories of them been young as I was always working to provide and make sure we were financially secure - easy to say "make up for it later" but it just never happens as the bills come in just as quick as the jobs , if he comes back for his daughter then he may be glad he did in later life, the balance is hard and never easy - the cats in the cradle- brilliant song

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

33 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

think this whole awful situation we have all been in  has given people time to think, I have 2 grown up kids and when I think back I have hardly any memories of them been young as I was always working to provide and make sure we were financially secure - easy to say "make up for it later" but it just never happens as the bills come in just as quick as the jobs , if he comes back for his daughter then he may be glad he did in later life, the balance is hard and never easy - the cats in the cradle- brilliant song

I think this is very astute and a noble sentiment.

What I can't work out though is how you square it with saying this about Kallum Watkins?

On 20/05/2020 at 16:30, graveyard johnny said:

bet he can still make Watkins look rubbish though- that's if Watkins hasn't walked out on twp by next season to care for his poorly Tamagotchi or some other crock of...……… excuse.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think this is very astute and a noble sentiment.

What I can't work out though is how you square it with saying this about Kallum Watkins?

Watkins took his family to the gold coast - bateman is estranged from his daughter on the other side of the world the 2 situations don't compare in the slightest 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Watkins took his family to the gold coast - bateman is estranged from his daughter on the other side of the world the 2 situations don't compare in the slightest 

Bateman's daughter is on the other side of the world.

Watkin's sick father was on the other side of the world.

The only way the situation don't compare is they way you reacted to them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Bateman's daughter is on the other side of the world.

Watkin's sick father was on the other side of the world.

The only way the situation don't compare is they way you reacted to them.

Watkins quit the nrl for a lucrative contract with twp - simple as that - unless covid 19 lasts 3 months and gold coast couldn't spare him for a couple of matches that is- crock of sheet- don't spout rubbish.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Cat Stevens wrote a song about you marra......

Archived