Eddie ROMBO

Therein73

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Just seen that Eddie Rombo has been appointed as the first Head Coach of Kenya Rugby League ?  great to know he's alive & well and still involved in the sport 

Yes, this was great news. Eddie has been heavily involved in Kenyan RU for years, particularly the sevens and is also a very successful lawyer in Nairobi. Fairly typical for ex-Dewsbury players, in fact.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Eddie, Eddie! 
Great news; I sincerely hope he and the country do well in the game. 

The happiest days of my rugby life.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

21 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Will never forget December 3, 1991, Monday night away to Scarborough, running home from school to take the supporters bus for the evening kick off. What a match.

Neither will I. To get to Scarborough that evening, the journey had to be made through some heavy fog. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Neither will I. To get to Scarborough that evening, the journey had to be made through some heavy fog. 

Don't remember that..JUST those great tries.....

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Couldn't make the game because of work, had to watch it in the Taveners at Mount Unpleasant.

I think it was on somekind of early Sky channel.

Eddie running out of the fog to score!! ??

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

21 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

British Aerospace TV in probably one of the oddest moves in corporate history. It didn't last.

That's it!!

British Aerospace, there were a few of us in the bar that night. ?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived