Thur 4 Jun: NRL: Brisbane Broncos v Sydney Roosters KO 10.50am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Brisbane Broncos
    • Sydney Roosters

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/20 at 10:30

The Brisbane Broncos are depleted by injuries and suspensions . No David Fifita (injured), no Alex Glenn (injured), no Kotoni Staggs (suspended), and their first choice hooker is also injured.

So the Sydney Roosters, who could be at full strength (if their ace prop Siosua Taukeiaho plays) should win comfortably.

Given their respective performances last week, this could be a one-sided victory for the Roosters. The Broncos have a lot of improving to do.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Late reports are that James Tedesco will not play because he woke up with a temperature!

If James Tedesco has Covid 19 then the Roosters must go into quarantine for 14 days and the NRL competition is probably finished. Let's hope that Tedesco does not have Covid 19.

The reshuffle will see either (1) Joseph Manu go to full back and Brett Morris to Manu's centre spot, while reserve Ryan Hall gets his chance on the wing, or (2) Brett Morris goes from wing to full back and Ryan Hall goes to the wing.

Fast start for the Roosters. Two tries up in 10 minutes.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

This could be a very big score.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Even Ryan Hall might score in this one ?

He may seeing it’s his first start in a long time.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Seeing the downside of six-again here. A real towelling.

How many six again calls have there been in this game so far? This would be a towelling six again or not.

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not as big a towelling. This is a training run.

Just checked the stats. In the first 40 minutes the Roosters have been awarded two set restarts. Yes, this is a factor but in the grand scheme of this game it is a long way down the list on key factors.

Edit. Although I do accept that the threat of the set restarts and the faster ruck would suit a team like the Roosters in this form.

I still think if this game were played a month ago before the reset law with these two teams in this form the scoreline would be similar.

Ryan Hall looks like he's never played in this team before. outside of a few hit ups and a missed tackle he's had no involvement.

Everything goes down the Roosters left edge, of if it does come to the right it stops at Crighton or Manu. He needs to leave the Roosters.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

26 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Ryan Hall looks like he's never played in this team before. outside of a few hit ups and a missed tackle he's had no involvement.

Everything goes down the Roosters left edge, of if it does come to the right it stops at Crighton or Manu. He needs to leave the Roosters.

As someone who wants to see the English lads do well, it is frustrating.  Tupou gets on the end of slick passing movements while Hall doesn't get a sniff of a chance.

What he does get to do he does well... carrying the ball in particular. And he certainly can't be blamed for the players inside him not creating try scoring opportunities. 

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

As someone who wants to see the English lads do well, it is frustrating.  Tupou gets on the end of slick passing movements while Hall doesn't get a sniff of a chance.

What he does get to do he does well... carrying the ball in particular. And he certainly can't be blamed for the players inside him not creating try scoring opportunities. 

Agree, me too, i find it so frustrating for him. My internet has been awful today so haven't been able to watch the whole game uninterupted, but i don't think he's received a pass while on the wing.

He's better than this. He should be looking to try and get out on loan to another NRL club if possible, if not, i firmly believe he'll be back in SL by the time the 2020 season restarts. Possibly with Watkins at Toronto.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

36 minutes ago, Southerner said:

I love the NRL but there’s way too many blowout scores these days.

It was always deemed a competitive comp but I truly believe the Super League is overall more competitive at the moment.

19/24 (79%) games before the start of this round of games have ended with the winning margin of 18 or less. 

In comparison it’s 24/36 (66%) in Super League this year that has seen games ended with a winning margin of 18 or less. 

I was in a meeting from 11am 'til about 5 minutes ago, so had the match on TV, but muted.

59:0 to the Roosters, and the Broncos lucky to get nil.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

People bagging the Roosters for not passing to Ryan Hall when they’ve just put 59 on a side. My word. 

It did get a bit frustrating to watch as far as Hall's involvement was concerned, but if the players see a chance without passing to the wing, they have to take it, and you can't argue with the scoreline.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived