Fri 5 Jun: NRL: Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs KO 10.55am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Melbourne Storm
    • South Sydney Rabbitohs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/20 at 10:15

Difficult one to call this.  Melbourne were badly out of sorts against Canberra last week and you can't expect them to be that bad again while Souths also have some hot and cold players about them.

After the roasting they would have got last week from Bellamy, I will go for a Storm win.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It'll be interesting to see how all NRL teams adapt to the new rules, now they've tried them in action. And we have two very shrewd and experienced coaches in charge for this particular match,

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Melbourne Storm for me - a Bellamy coached team does not play like that two weeks on the bounce

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Just a conversion in it so far - Storm 4:6 Souths.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Been a tough first half with a few wounded on the pitch. Too many errors for it to be described as high quality but pretty fast and intense. 

The Storm look dangerous playing a higher pace game than last week.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Addo Carr looks like he could be gone unless they can give him a magic needle.

Not sure if rib cartilage injuries responds to pain killers.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 minutes ago, Allora said:

Addo Carr looks like he could be gone unless they can give him a magic needle.

Not sure if rib cartilage injuries responds to pain killers.

I'm pretty sure it would respond to a needle if they want to keep him on the pitch.

But having suffered a rib cartilage injury myself they are ridiculously painful and it will take him 5 minutes to get out of bed tomorrow... and god help him if he sneezes!

34 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm pretty sure it would respond to a needle if they want to keep him on the pitch.

But having suffered a rib cartilage injury myself they are ridiculously painful and it will take him 5 minutes to get out of bed tomorrow... and god help him if he sneezes!

I have had several rib cartilage injuries.

My first one came from a chronic cough ?

Three broken ribs, several fractured ribs at different times.

All on my left side.

None of them were great to have.
They take a long time to heal properly.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

3 minutes ago, Allora said:

I have has several rib cartilage injuries.

My first one came from a chronic cough ?

Three broken ribs, several fractured ribs at different times.

All on my left side.

None of them were great to have.
They take a long time to heal properly.

DtzPjc4U0AIVsfF.jpg

Justice done in the end after Melbourne basicaly had most of the game but again failed to show composure with Cameron Smith being eclipsed by Cameron Munster who showed he could stand up and fight for the Melbourne cause

Following the disallowment of a clear Melbourne try with the game still in balance at 8-6 in the storm 's favour, I bring you an exclusive look behindn the scenes in The Bunker

Mr Magoo GIFs | Tenor

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Enjoyed both games today with my 'pretend to work on company laptop while watch NRL on my personal laptop' setup.

20200605_170159.jpg

Comfy for Storm although I’m not sold on either of these teams tbh . Souths look a bit lost at present . Reynolds is still totally rubbish , especially with a rookie alongside him and he should be stepping up . I still don’t know what’s going on with Cam Murray . Wayne says he was more involved ... well it’s all relative , maybe to last week but the bloke is barely in the game in attack . He should be  doing a Victor Radley every week but for some reason we see more of Liam Knight , and even his parents couldn’t put him anywhere near Murray’s level . He put a defensive shift in but he’s way more value than that 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Comfy for Storm although I’m not sold on either of these teams tbh . Souths look a bit lost at present . Reynolds is still totally rubbish , especially with a rookie alongside him and he should be stepping up . I still don’t know what’s going on with Cam Murray . Wayne says he was more involved ... well it’s all relative , maybe to last week but the bloke is barely in the game in attack . He should be  doing a Victor Radley every week but for some reason we see more of Liam Knight , and even his parents couldn’t put him anywhere near Murray’s level . He put a defensive shift in but he’s way more value than that 

It was mistake to put Murray on the edge and I hope he stays in the middle now as that is perfect for his game.

Since Murray and Radley came onto the scene in 2017 the former has been outperforming Radley despite Radley being in the comp's dominant team.  I am sure Murray will come back to his best.

And that is no slight on Radley who is a class player - just I think that Murray can be one of the very best players of his generation.

Just been reading through this article on Cam Murray moving to the edge for Souths this year and the impact on his game.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/nrl/nrl-premiership/revealed-the-stats-that-prove-the-murray-experiment-wasnt-working/news-story/d0b7e17629b44747257b76140c793dda

I thought this paragraph was interesting.  Clearly mathematics wasn't the authors strongest subject.

"While playing in the middle in 2019, 60 per cent of Murray’s play-the-balls were classified as fast, 14 per cent were slow while 56 per cent were neutral."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived