Fans to return to NRL next week!

@JennaBrooks·
1h

Absolutely incredible that fans will be allowed back at @NRL  games NEXT WEEK! First professional sport since the pandemic that fans will be allowed back!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Interesting. Aussie crowd though - we'll have to play spot the difference with the cardboard cutouts.

Meanwhile, over here, because we did everything wrong, we're having to play Leeds United v Derby County in Southampton because we need to keep fans as far away as possible.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Full Details - Not so sure this should be open for corporates only

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/05/small-groups-of-fans-to-be-allowed-back-for-nrl-games/

As we are posting about Bankwest Stadium there should be enough room to let ordinary season members in with a spacing of one person per four square metres - Bearing in mind you have up to 50 in a corporate box.

Rugby League is a game for the many not the moneyed few,

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 05/06/2020 at 15:30, POR said:

True 102 deaths compared to 40 261

On a percentage of population basis, the UK has nearly 2 times the death rate of the United States of America, and roughly 2.5 times the death rate of Canada, from Covid 19

On a percentage of population basis, the UK has 158 times the death rate per capita of Australia from Covid 19..

The USA has 81 times the death toll per capita of Australia

Canada has 51 times the death rate per capita of Australia.

This is a shocking indictment of the British Conservative government under Boris Johnson, moreso even than the indictment of a much less intelligent and honest (right wing) government of the USA.

At the same time the comparisons are a  a remarkable positive achievement for the (conservative) Liberal-National Party government in Australia. The data per capita is very similar to Australia in New Zealand. So the comparisons offer a very similarly creditable achievement for New Zealand's leftish government, led by Jacina Adern

On 05/06/2020 at 18:40, Futtocks said:

@JennaBrooks·
1h

Absolutely incredible that fans will be allowed back at @NRL  games NEXT WEEK! First professional sport since the pandemic that fans will be allowed back!

23 hours ago, Copa said:

It’s in the corporate boxes..

Peter V'landys is the most powerful man in Australian sport by a country mile with his roles in the AFL/NRL and NSW horse racing. He has a lot more power and influence than a vast majority of politicians there.

8 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Peter V'landys is the most powerful man in Australian sport by a country mile with his roles in the AFL/NRL and NSW horse racing. He has a lot more power and influence than a vast majority of politicians there.

He has nothing to do with the AFL.

If he hangs around in the NRL he will become a real pain for AFL.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

On a percentage of population basis, the UK has nearly 2 times the death rate of the United States of America, and roughly 2.5 times the death rate of Canada, from Covid 19

On a percentage of population basis, the UK has 158 times the death rate per capita of Australia from Covid 19..

The USA has 81 times the death tool per capita of Australia

Canada has 51 times the death rate per capita of Australia.

This is a shocking indictment of the British Conservative government under Boris Johnson, moreso even than the indictment of a much less intelligent and honest (right wing) government of the USA.

At the same time the comparisons are a  a remarkable positive achievement for the (conservative) Liberal-National Party government in Australia. The data per capita is very similar to Australia in New Zealand. So the comparisons offer a very similarly creditable achievement for New Zealand's leftish government, led by Jacina Adern

Not sure I agree with this.

My father died in hospital last week. He had been getting slowly worse, and at the end he was diagnosed with heart failure, kidney failure, diabetes, hypothyroidism and complications from a previous episode of stomach cancer. He was diagnosed with COVID-19 one day before he died after many negative tests previously.

His death certificate states the main reason for his death was COVID-19. Absolute nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Copa said:

He has nothing to do with the AFL.

If he hangs around in the NRL he will become a real pain for AFL.

My mistake i should have said ARL and yes AFL and it's fans have a huge fear of him.

I think he will hang around as he likes to annoy AFL chairman and he's certainly doing that.

Also as well he has a genuine dislike of the AFL and the underhand way they have done things with their crowd claims for GWS,and the GC Suns and the Brisbane lions and their fake claims over junior playing playing numbers in NSW and QLD

21 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

My father died in hospital last week. He had been getting slowly worse, and at the end he was diagnosed with heart failure, kidney failure, diabetes, hypothyroidism and complications from a previous episode of stomach cancer. He was diagnosed with COVID-19 one day before he died after many negative tests previously.

His death certificate states the main reason for his death was COVID-19. Absolute nonsense.

Sorry for your loss. 

My girlfriends Dad has had it for seven weeks now and is an absolute wreck. He’s only just in his 50’s, I can’t imagine what it would do to an older person. 

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

same thing happened to a mate of son in law his  dad had terminal cancer got covid went into hospital  got better and went home  8 weeks later he died in his sleep at home  put covid on death certificate messed up funeral

54 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Sorry for your loss. 

My girlfriends Dad has had it for seven weeks now and is an absolute wreck. He’s only just in his 50’s, I can’t imagine what it would do to an older person. 

My point is it didn’t do anything to him.

he had it for a maximum of 36 hours, yet it went down as the main cause of his death, which it clearly wasn’t.

We have no idea how many of the older “victims” of this virus have actually succumbed to it, and this flagrant use of it as the main cause of death is disturbing.

15 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Australia have handled it far better then the UK. 

Australia doesn't have the transition of people through it anything like the UK , that's why comparisons are pointless 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Australia doesn't have the transition of people through it anything like the UK , that's why comparisons are pointless 

In terms of rugby league, (we can do comparisons about other things elsewhere), the only thing that really counts is that Australia is in a far better position than the UK is and, as a consequence of that, rugby league in Australia is able to do things that we are a long way off being able to do.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

In terms of rugby league, (we can do comparisons about other things elsewhere), the only thing that really counts is that Australia is in a far better position than the UK is and, as a consequence of that, rugby league in Australia is able to do things that we are a long way off being able to do.

It was the " handled it better " comment I replied to 

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We don’t have people moving in or out because we closed the borders to all except permanent residents, citizens and exceptional cases.

Those who come back have two weeks of mandatory quarantine under guard in accommodation chosen by the government.

Some of these people then travel to their home state and require two more weeks of quarantine.

I can’t even depart Australia without permission and I’m an Australian citizen.  Permission is not easy to get either.

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

After everything you said, you compare apples and oranges. One is with Australia with opposite seasons. The other is w 2/3 of N America vs UK as 1 in dozens of Euro nations.

How does UK stack up against Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Russia?

2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

My mistake i should have said ARL and yes AFL and it's fans have a huge fear of him.

I think he will hang around as he likes to annoy AFL chairman and he's certainly doing that.

Also as well he has a genuine dislike of the AFL and the underhand way they have done things with their crowd claims for GWS,and the GC Suns and the Brisbane lions and their fake claims over junior playing playing numbers in NSW and QLD

Does he? When did he tell you that?

20 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Does he? When did he tell you that?

It's public knowledge. I'm surprised you didn't know. Then again your continuing defense of fumbelball is misguided. Remind me again how many times they have been found with their fabrication of junior playing numbers in NSW and QLD?

Archived