Happy Wiltshire Day

54 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I sense you are opening up a whole new philosophical debate here, bleep, about the meaning of existence!

There is a proverb about just before dying, your whole life flashes before your eyes, what if this is the flash?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

There is a proverb about just before dying, your whole life flashes before your eyes, what if this is the flash?

If mine flashed before my eyes I'd want to look again at the weekend in Wellington in 1982 where I went on the lash with the United States Ladies Field Hockey team. The bits I can remember were spectacular, the rest I can literally only imagine.

Never try and out drink international lady hockey players. You will lose.

• 11 months later...

Do any other lesser counties have days to celebrate their insignificance? (and my definition of lesser is any which can't lay claim to the establishment of the world's greatest sports).

Do the folk down in Wiltshire get to this day then realise there's not much to celebrate?

32 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Well I had a great day 😀

And a few pints of cider too. 😀 

I'll concede if they're playing RL then it has some redeeming features.  But nothing good came from drinking souped up apple juice.

On 07/06/2020 at 14:42, Shadow said:

Jag har ingen aning

er I mean 

no idea guv, I’m as English as Queen Victoria  cor blimey apples and pears. 

I only just saw this.

I am watching you from now on, mate.😠

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

It is worth reiterating that Wiltshire or pertaining to Wiltshire is not OK.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Happy belated Wiltshire day.

I feel sorry for all you non Wiltshire folk having to live elsewhere. Especially the ones that pretend to live in made up places like Narnia and Denmark.

On 05/06/2021 at 08:10, Wiltshire Rhino said:

And we're here again, 5th June... 

HAPPY WILTSHIRE DAY!!! 😀 

Thanks, WR, and my apologies for not catching up with this yeaterday.

15 hours ago, M j M said:

I'll concede if they're playing RL then it has some redeeming features.  But nothing good came from drinking souped up apple juice.

Well, hang on, MjM.

There is a west country school of theology that argues that the moral of Adam's being tempted by Eve to try an apple and getting a piece stuck in his throat is that the only good thing to do with apples is crush them, then press them, and leave the juice to ferment naturally.  If God didn't want this to happen, he would not have created yeast, including that naturally present on apples; indeed, yeast so mystified people many centuries ago that one of its English names was 'Godisgoode', "because it cometh of the grete grace of God".

Archived