Who was the youngest player for each rugby league club?

Les Dracs' website says that Lucas Albert is the youngest first team player, at 17 years and 8 days old, when he played at Widnes on 12th July, 2015.  The home side won by 29 points to 22.

Steve Menzies was 39 years and 283 days old when he turned out for Les Dracs against Hull FC on 13th September, 2013.  The match, at the KC Stadium, ended in victory for Hull FC, 14-4.

Keith Mumby began his Bradford Northern professional playing career in 1973 at the age of sixteen. On his début he broke the record for the most points scored on a first appearance for the club, scoring one try and twelve goals.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

For Wigan a toss up between Shaun Edwards and Trevor Stockley ? The latter played for Lancs against Ellory Hanley for yorks at Heworth and they both played against France for BARLA Youth  together in Marseilles ( with their respective contracts in the top drawer )......

Pretty sure Neil Thorman was still at high school when he made his debut for Gateshead Thunder, think he was still 16 and once made a comment about doing his homework on the team bus going to an away game. In those days the squad depth was really thin.

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

How old was he?

My knowledge of players is poor, so I can only offer up Gary Connolly as someone that I remember being young when they started.

Just looked into it. Turns out he’s not the youngest ever, though is the youngest in Super League. 16 years and 6 months on debut in 2004. 

On 06/06/2020 at 21:33, 17 stone giant said:

How old was he?

My knowledge of players is poor, so I can only offer up Gary Connolly as someone that I remember being young when they started.

Pretty sure he was 16 and think it might have been a play off game?

Also think for Wigan it is Farrell or he certainly broke the record for his debut but there might be someone else since. 

Leeds maybe Chev Walker? Remember him making his debut at 16 also

It's rare nowadays for kids to break through so young as there is more knowledge around sport science and body development,

think Scott Moore was a one off as Long had been taken out in foul play the week before  (same old wigan) and Smith was on loan at Crusaders? Be amazed if I got that right ?

Archived