Sat 6 Jun: NRL: Parramatta Eels v Manly Sea Eagles KO 8.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Parramatta Eels
    • Manly Sea Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/20 at 07:55

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every year here a story at the start of the season of a new Parra-attitude that will sweep the Eels to the Premiership but I am not convinced - Look at who they have played - The struggled to break down the Bulldogs in a game I was at. beat Gold Coast which is nothing to write home about ,and if an ordinary Brisbane side had not bombed two clear ties could have gone in behind in their last game at the half.

This is their first acid test and much as I admire the Manly Seabirds, I am not in favour of Silvertails in sport or in life

Parra by 6

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

yep, crazy to call that forward, excellent physical mash up tho. didnt look to me that manlys 2nd last try was grounded tho with the vid ref only looking at one replay angle b4 making a call, so swings n roundabouts. too excellent sides who look set for a good year

Great game.

I thought the Eels were probably the best overall and deserved the win but having gone with Manly for our tipping comp, I am gutted with that call at the end.

The pass came out the hands backwards and is a perfect example of a pass looking forward even though it was thrown backwards.

Where is Stevo when you need something explained badly.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Treizistance said:

Don't understand why the lino didn't just let play until it's natural conclusion. Manly robbed.

Can't go back for a forward, it's either call it or let it go, but what a game and as I said earlier is there a better 7 than Moses about at the moment?

I'm no fan of Manly, but they should have won that. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't understand how the NRL (Graham Annesley) can come out and say the forward pass call was wrong.

If the video ref can't be used for a forward pass call because the TV angles are deceiving and we need to trust the on field call then how can the decision be called incorrect after the match with tv evidence?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Whikle Manly were dudded, It's also a case of Graham Annersley rapidly not so much as just throwing his officiating crew under the bus but then reversing over them - Not a good look - Especially when you recall the Bunker decision last night.

They may be 4-0 but I am still to be convinced by the Eels.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I have seen the Rugby Union momentum video.

I understand the hands are throwing the ball backwards

I see this ball get passed outside the 25 metre line and be caught on the other side of the 25 metre line by over  a metre.

The ball May not have been passed forward but it has travelled forward.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

8 minutes ago, Allora said:

I have seen the Rugby Union momentum video.

I understand the hands are throwing the ball backwards

I see this ball get passed outside the 25 metre line and be caught on the other side of the 25 metre line by over  a metre.

The ball May not have been passed forward but it has travelled forward.

That's the whole point though. It will travel forward relative to  fixed point on the floor because the passer and receiver were travelling forward. If the passer had carried on and his movement had not been stopped then he recieved would have caught the ball behind the passer.

If the pass is thrown backwards it is not a forward pass. Otherwise we would have to call loads of passes back in running moves and breaks. 

Archived