Sun 7 Jun: NRL: Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers KO 9.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Gold Coast Titans
    • Wests Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/20 at 08:55

That first try shows all the Gold Coast problems.

A great defensive effort to hold up the ball in goal but literally no assistance. If that were the Roosters then 3 pr 4 team mates would be piling in to prevent the try and yet with the Gold Coast everyone was just watching. 

Talent combined with effort wins games. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Titans have done really well in the last 25 minutes to pick up their effort and make this a real contest.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Boring, robotic, etc. :kolobok_wink:

Yowzers!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Boring, robotic, etc. :kolobok_wink:

Yowzers!

Power game!

A quote from out our fellow posters on the NRL 'style'.

"Watch the number of passes in games some years ago as compared to the present day ..."Off the cuff" rugby and ball-handling skills have become less and less"

I don't know why it annoys me so much that people will not watch great tries like that because of an assumption of how the game is played. But it does.

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A quote from out our fellow posters on the NRL 'style'.

"Watch the number of passes in games some years ago as compared to the present day ..."Off the cuff" rugby and ball-handling skills have become less and less"

I don't know why it annoys me so much that people will not watch great tries like that because of an assumption of how the game is played. But it does.

Remember, it is their loss, not yours.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Remember, it is their loss, not yours.

I just want people to be happy! It's a weakness of mine ?

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I just want people to be happy! It's a weakness of mine ?

This is a Rugby League forum. You'd have better luck volunteering for the Samaritans.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

After Wests went 12:0 up in 12 minutes, I was expecting another gubbing for the Titans, but they are hanging in there. And that first Tigers try in the second half was something few sides could have stopped.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

All level, with a KTC!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Tigers are showing really poor discipline in the tackle. Two crusher penalties and now a chicken wing. If they lose this they only have themselves to blame.

A Marshall DG gets Wests back in front, with 3 minutes to go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ooh! Titans score a try with 2 to go! In a very kickable position, too.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Titans in. 54 seconds for the Tigers to find a play 

That is a great win for the Titans.

They could have folded being 12-0 down and the second try from an intercept but they showed plenty of guts.  Good on them and pleased for Holbrook.

Archived