This video is doing the rounds on social media and caught my eye today.  Now I thought I had played on some shocking fields in my day, but surely nothing can compare to this!  All I can say is, massive respect to the boys in Cameroon!

37 minutes ago, langpark said:

This video is doing the rounds on social media and caught my eye today.  Now I thought I had played on some shocking fields in my day, but surely nothing can compare to this!  All I can say is, massive respect to the boys in Cameroon!

Hard to be certain through the Martian dust clouds, but reckon that first tackle was complete. Ref not calling it kind of justified the two guys flopping in on the second. A 1950s style PTB, borderline but still better than most of ours. Reminded by the pitch colour of seeing some Turkish beach RL where playing the ball in sand looked a bit challenging.

We need an adjudication from TRL's very own Big Picture about those pitch markings!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, langpark said:

Love it langpark, thanks for sharing.............the pure joy and emotion is great to see and what our game is all about. People often lose sight of that

11 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Love it langpark, thanks for sharing.............the pure joy and emotion is great to see and what our game is all about. People often lose sight of that

Yeah exactly right!  I also love how the crowd got into it too and seemed to have at least a basic understanding of the game!

its great to see these lads playing our great game. I wonder where it'll be in 20 years time?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived