Derek Beaumont accuses delay tactics being set to prevent Championship return

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

'Kin hell Paul, I remember a guy caled Caisley who spent the money of others - not is own - to bring success to a certain club, which to my knowledge they have never recovered from.

Precisely the reason I now feel squeamish when I see other chairman trying the same tactic

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What would those be Rob? Honestly I am intrigued to know and who would these changes be unpopular for? 

I think we all know that there will not be 37 professional/semi professional senior clubs post 2021.

I think there will be a maximum of either 20 or 24 professional/semi professional clubs which will see a lot of current clubs not make the grade,whatever criteria is set.

I think we will see a mixture of mergers and club rebrands.

It is just my personal opinion of what is coming. And I am not saying clubs should or should not merge.That is a matter for others to decide such as directors,chairmen and their fans to decide.

4 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I think we all know that there will not be 37 professional/semi professional senior clubs post 2021.

I think there will be a maximum of either 20 or 24 professional/semi professional clubs which will see a lot of current clubs not make the grade,whatever criteria is set.

I think we will see a mixture of mergers and club rebrands.

It is just my personal opinion of what is coming. And I am not saying clubs should or should not merge.That is a matter for others to decide such as directors,chairmen and their fans to decide.

You cannot merge 2 clubs , you can get rid of a club 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Much like 11 of the 12 clubs in SL , much like all but one premier League club , much like everybody bar one that enters the Challenge Cup , or the football world Cup 

It's called sport , it is however frustrating if you have invested heavily and you don't even get to play 

But that's just the way it is 

As you seem to have missed the point, some clubs have spent exceptional amounts.

They're the ones you can hear bleating.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

20 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Precisely the reason I now feel squeamish when I see other chairman trying the same tactic

Dereck isn't spending other people's money , it's his own 

1 minute ago, Griff said:

As you seem to have missed the point, some clubs have spent exceptional amounts.

They're the ones you can hear bleating.

Not missed the point at all , there is only ever one winner , everybody else is a loser 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Not missed the point at all , there is only ever one winner , everybody else is a loser 

You missed my point and made a different one of your own.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, leytherz said:

the signs that its going less and less every week just like it did in other countries.china for example

But is increasing in the north west of England.

With my geographical genius I know that the north west of England is where Leigh is located/positioned.

Some bloke named Burnham is making a noise about it.

https://www.lep.co.uk/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-north-west-every-confirmed-case-north-west-monday-june-8-2020-2441433#gsc.tab=0

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

27 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

But is increasing in the north west of England.

With my geographical genius I know that the north west of England is where Leigh is located/positioned.

Some bloke named Burnham is making a noise about it.

https://www.lep.co.uk/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-north-west-every-confirmed-case-north-west-monday-june-8-2020-2441433#gsc.tab=0

It isn't necessarily increasing in the north west.  There was a lot made of the R number being greater than 1 for the north west but, that is based on a prediction not real data.  The margin of error in that prediction is quite large.  Other scientists working on the R number prediction predicted lower R numbers for the region.  In addition, active cases are low now so fluctuations in the number of positive cases have a big impact on the R number.

Other countries ahead of us in the pandemic have only had a blip for a second wave and the virus has faded away.  I reckon it's likely we'll head the same way.

2 hours ago, leytherz said:

the signs that its going less and less every week just like it did in other countries.china for example

Have a look at the reports coming out today from the area you live in, both Bolton and Wigan reporting grave concerns about easing any lockdowns. 

Its more than likely the amateur game will get underway before the semi pro game. A lot of amateur teams are already planning for training where as in the semi pro game I doubt clubs can even afford to bring their players off furlough to start what would basically be a mini pre-season. Obviously with most of the players been part time theres no way a comprehensive testing program could be put in place for them with many likley to have other jobs they are working. It could see an influx of players to the amateur game in prep for next season either once off contract or even while still contracted and furloughed as this would be within the furlough rules.

As for Beaumont he has probably just overspent again and saw this as his last chance to gain promotion before the next SL team comes down.

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Is Derek not actually stating that Furlough is resulting in clubs not losing money or am i missing something ?

Previously he was claiming that some clubs were making a profit.

Toys out of the pram!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived