Derek Beaumont accuses delay tactics being set to prevent Championship return

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

The 16 million is an accessible repayable fund. Its designed to be last resort for individual clubs not to get the Championship going for Fev and Leigh. 

The RFL know as we all do that the cost of restarting the Championship without crowds will send some clubs under unnecessarily. There's no point wasting the 16 million on something avoidable because 2 teams out of 12 (so far as we know in Fev and Leigh) want to start asap. 

where did I say get the championship going I said  get the game back up and running that means all  3 leagues

and  FEV chairman actually said " “I have proposed what I believe to be a suitable start date, one which would give us the best possible chance of playing in front of crowds and limit the level of testing for players, staff and officials" 

he also says " If it comes down to the decision that the season cannot resume until 2021, we will accept that,"

no where  in his statement does he say  lets get going asap

35 minutes ago, POR said:

where did I say get the championship going I said  get the game back up and running that means all  3 leagues

and  FEV chairman actually said " “I have proposed what I believe to be a suitable start date, one which would give us the best possible chance of playing in front of crowds and limit the level of testing for players, staff and officials" 

he also says " If it comes down to the decision that the season cannot resume until 2021, we will accept that,"

no where  in his statement does he say  lets get going asap

The priority is Super League. You and I both know that. The game cannot financially function without the money flowing in from the sky monies at the top. All 3 leagues will be nice but being realistic it will be top first.

Fevs chairman did chime in with support for Derek, which is what this thread is about. Best possible chance of playing infront of crowds still remains October (which is what Super League is holding out for), in which case why the rush to make statements now unless his date is before that? 

Regardless, what crowds, who's going and how is it managed? I appreciate there's a lot of empty space at championship grounds that could be used. However, the Championship skews older which may mean many fans not coming till there is an all clear. If crowds are lower, how will that financially impact clubs How do part time players in other work spaces get accounted for in the creation of bubbles? These are genuine questions that if we get to the heart of it most fans and otherwise involved in the Championship know have pretty bleak answers at the moment.

He's hardly going to say anything else if the clubs vote to end the season till 2021 is he? He literally cannot say or do anything else.

Nevermind all that, I responded to your point that the 16 million should be spent on getting the game restarted:

7 hours ago, POR said:

So if we want the game to restart  the RFL SHOULD  cover the cost

2 the'ave got 16 million burning a hole in their back pocket surely some of this this should be used to get the game back up and running

You've not actually responded to the fact I pointed out to you that the money was a hardship fund to be accessed by financially desperate clubs. It legally cannot be used for anything else and as has been pointed out by how damaging restarting too early without crowds could be to half the division could actually create greater cost in future.

33 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

No, they haven't got self-aggrandising chairmen who love the sound of their own voice and are willing to put £millions into their clubs for them to be the best they can be. They are much happier having no fans, no sponsorship and grabbing whatever SL drops down to get to the following week

I totally agree

36 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

The best possible chance is what? 50/50? 70/30? 10/90?

How big of a crowd, for home many games? 

This isnt a loaded question but one which might need to be answered. How many lower league clubs would we be prepared to see go bust to allow a minority a chance at promotion?

When Sky drop the cash, and we are back to 30-70k outside SL - what will these bastions of integrity look like. They were getting ready for life support before all this sheeite kicked off, so we will lose the bigger clubs with backers instead

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

The 16 million is an accessible repayable fund. Its designed to be last resort for individual clubs not to get the Championship going for Fev and Leigh. 

The RFL know as we all do that the cost of restarting the Championship without crowds will send some clubs under unnecessarily. There's no point wasting the 16 million on something avoidable because 2 teams out of 12 (so far as we know in Fev and Leigh) want to start asap. 

Get a grip Tommy, there are 14 teams in the Championship you are now banned from further comment if you can't get a simple fact like that correct?. Not surprised that none of your SL chums didn't pick up on it either.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Get a grip Tommy, there are 14 teams in the Championship you are now banned from further comment if you can't get a simple fact like that correct?. Not surprised that none of your SL chums didn't pick up on it either.

Lol I did actually think about changing it but thought I'd leave it for you Championship fans to laugh at ?

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Lol I did actually think about changing it but thought I'd leave it for you Championship fans to laugh at ?

You know I actually believe you?Tommy , not something I could bestow to one of your fellow Lioners mind, I doubt he could lie straight in bed!

5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

but they don't want to play according to this forum?

I would take anything on here with a pinch of salt.  The London Broncos who many think is run as a not for profit organisation actually makes a lot of its income from matchdays through sales of merchandise and a percentage of the concession take.

I have said on this forum and I expect it to be the case that Coronavirus or not Spectators will be back maybe 10% of capacity to begin with.

Some things are going to happen there is commercial interests in the UK pushing for a reduction in the 2 metre rule to the 1.5 metre in Australia. The "experts" now seem to be backtracing on their dire forecasts for the spread of the disease, and I fdon'tknow about you but in my Kent market town things are getting back to normal.

So we could well be back but of course that does make the assumption that there is a meaningful season ahead with P&R. Otherwise what would be the point.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

If its 4 that's 6 games with promotion at the end

Only if SL agree, which they probably won't.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I totally agree

You need some mild with that bitter Sweaty.

Amending someone else's post to misrepresent their statement is pretty low, don't you think?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I would take anything on here with a pinch of salt.  The London Broncos who many think is run as a not for profit organisation actually makes a lot of its income from matchdays through sales of merchandise and a percentage of the concession take.

I have said on this forum and I expect it to be the case that Coronavirus or not Spectators will be back maybe 10% of capacity to begin with.

Some things are going to happen there is commercial interests in the UK pushing for a reduction in the 2 metre rule to the 1.5 metre in Australia. The "experts" now seem to be backtracing on their dire forecasts for the spread of the disease, and I fdon'tknow about you but in my Kent market town things are getting back to normal.

So we could well be back but of course that does make the assumption that there is a meaningful season ahead with P&R. Otherwise what would be the point.

Really? Please point me in the direction of these experts. 

9 minutes ago, SL17 said:

There’s has never been a Two meter rule, only advice.

Places cannot open unless they provide distanced or separated spaces. Hence tape on shop floors, 3/4 train seats being labelled "out of order" and places putting up Perspex screens as dividers.

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Again, there has never been a 2 meter rule.  Observing social distancing guidance is what was/is still stated. 
 That guidance will change shortly. 

And when it does change, those shops, restaurants and pubs won't be able to open unless they can deal with that distance. If they can't, they won't open, which is why whilst its not an official rule de jure, de facto it is.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

And when it does change, those shops, restaurants and pubs won't be able to open unless they can deal with that distance. If they can't, they won't open, which is why whilst its not an official rule de jure, de facto it is.

These "rules" are to be enforced by the HSE. So as with everything they have governance over its basically guidance, but if you don't follow the guidance you are open to bring punished under law. So it's guidance, backed by laws. 

23 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I totally agree

David Hughes has pumped more money into LB than both Derek and the bloke at Fev combined. He knows there is no chance of a return on his investment, yet he continues and doesn't shout from the rooftops. A true gentlemen.

It could be argued that if we had had a Derek or Marwan as owner fighting our corner, we would be in a much more viable position than we currently are. Still, we gave SL  a good shake last year.

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

It will change to one meter. Can those businesses cope with that? The biggest problem with social distancing is going to the toilet.

Being very close to the inner sanctums of the Government I can confirm toilets will not be open in pubs, you will be expected to urinate in the empty and return it to the bar. Carling drinkers may not notice the difference

Surely this is as simple as: if it's safe to play and there are teams that want to, then they can go ahead and play. If the other teams don't want to then fine, they forfeit. There have been plenty of seasons in many sports where a team has not made it to the end, the leagues haven't been made null and void.

Every argument on here has been made from a position of bias, obviously. The stark truth is that if teams can finish the season they should finish it and the winner is the winner. If relegation is going to be cancelled then fine, I get that, but we can still have winners. If that means a 13/14 team SL so be it. Let CH and L1 play for something.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

The HSE can only follow government guidance and assist business to follow the guidance. There are no laws or rules on social distancing.

Impractical to follow guidelines in most businesses, hence the government always say where practicable.

Social distancing

• In these extraordinary times, HSE is constantly reviewing the fast-moving situation with our partners across government to support the national effort to tackle COVID-19.
  • While social distancing is fundamentally a public health measure introduced to reduce the spread of infection, we recognise the concerns raised on social distancing within the workplace and are in contact with trade unions.
  • Where HSE identifies employers who are not taking action to comply with the relevant public health legislation and guidance to control public health risks, eg employers not taking appropriate action to socially distance or ensure workers in the shielded category can follow the NHS advice to self-isolate for the period specified, we will consider taking a range of actions to improve control of workplace risks. These actions include the provision of specific advice to employers through to issuing enforcement notices to help secure improvements with the guidance.

I've bolded the bit that`s most relevant to help you as I realise you are hard of thinking.

18 hours ago, SL17 said:

Again, there has never been a 2 meter rule.  Observing social distancing guidance is what was/is still stated. 
 That guidance will change shortly. 

There has always been a two meter rule here - one for gas and one for electricity.

Archived