Statement from the Chairman Mark Campbell

Maureen T-k

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

Selfish thinking from Campbell and Beaumont, majority of the other clubs can't afford to play behind closed doors, the income from fans keeps them going.

Why would we have to play behind closed doors from September?.Pubs will be open with distancing in July.Last Tuesday and Thursday over 1100 Premier League Footballers and staff tested and not one positive result.At present 1.5 people in 1000 have the virus so with social distancing and awareness the risk is miniscule.Although without crowds and promotion i would cancel the season .

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

Selfish thinking from Campbell and Beaumont, majority of the other clubs can't afford to play behind closed doors, the income from fans keeps them going.

obviously you havn't read the statement 

quote " “I have proposed what I believe to be a suitable start date, one which would give us the best possible chance of playing in front of crowds "

Looking at Toronto’s apparent recruitment drive for 2021 I would say they are very confident of still being in super league. I don’t think there is any chance promotion and relegation will stand in a vastly shortened season unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Rarefrith said:

Looking at Toronto’s apparent recruitment drive for 2021 I would say they are very confident of still being in super league. I don’t think there is any chance promotion and relegation will stand in a vastly shortened season unfortunately. 

I hope not otherwise it is pointless playing and I am desperate to watch fev 

The RFL must realise some clubs have ambition and finances in place to support it, some just make up numbers whereby the furlough has been a Godsend. It needs to start thinking about how it looks after the former for a change, as we and I believe you are in limbo

19 hours ago, POR said:

obviously you havn't read the statement 

quote " “I have proposed what I believe to be a suitable start date, one which would give us the best possible chance of playing in front of crowds "

I did read the statement, no chance of any crowds allowed back into Stadiums in September, so if they do set a start date in September its going to be behind closed doors which like I said majority of clubs can't afford. Except Leigh,Featherstone,Toulouse,London name another club who can afford to play without fans?

19 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Why would we have to play behind closed doors from September?.Pubs will be open with distancing in July.Last Tuesday and Thursday over 1100 Premier League Footballers and staff tested and not one positive result.At present 1.5 people in 1000 have the virus so with social distancing and awareness the risk is miniscule.Although without crowds and promotion i would cancel the season .

Because you can't realistically social distance at a sports ground unless you let in less than a 100 fans. Football are planning to start the season in September behind closed doors, its going to be at least next season before fans are allowed back.

20 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Because you can't realistically social distance at a sports ground unless you let in less than a 100 fans. Football are planning to start the season in September behind closed doors, its going to be at least next season before fans are allowed back.

Pubs and restraunts are trying to get the two metre distance reduced for July opening.I reckon we could get 1500/2000 in at Fev with social distanceing remember people from the same houshold up to 6 would be able to stand or sit together.By October according to a Pandemic study by Singapore university we will have very few cases.They suggested we would be O.K. by 27th August but because Boris and the boys have made such a cows Rs of things they say it may now be end of September.Transmission outdoors by one study showed out of 368 cases only 1 was outdoors.I am not bothered what happens with this season just hope we come to a sensible decision as the Pandemic burns out.

39 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

I did read the statement, no chance of any crowds allowed back into Stadiums in September, so if they do set a start date in 1September its going to be behind closed doors which like I said majority of clubs can't afford. Except Leigh,Featherstone,Toulouse,London 2 name another club who can afford to play without fans?

1 with all due respect where does it say september start in marks statement i'm sure everyone at FEV know crowds in september is a no go so would suggest he has nominated a date after september to start playing

2 what about the championship side who everyone knows  should be/ deserves to be in super greed  Bradford Bulls?

6 hours ago, POR said:

1 with all due respect where does it say september start in marks statement i'm sure everyone at FEV know crowds in september is a no go so would suggest he has nominated a date after september to start playing

2 what about the championship side who everyone knows  should be/ deserves to be in super greed  Bradford Bulls?

Why do the Bulls deserve to be in SL? 

54 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Why do the Bulls deserve to be in SL? 

Lifting of the sanction assumes that people would be willing and confident enough to risk the consequences.

With our crowds surely with the right supervision we should be able to start a game with adequate space between spectators? Also as remarked families who have lived closely together could have a section in the ground. With proper organisation it could work. All we are getting is negative thoughts.  

12 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

I did read the statement, no chance of any crowds allowed back into Stadiums in September, so if they do set a start date in September its going to be behind closed doors which like I said majority of clubs can't afford. Except Leigh,Featherstone,Toulouse,London name another club who can afford to play without fans?

I would have thought that if games were played behind closed doors that the Bulls would have got among the largest pay per view audiences and most of their fans would prefer that to travelling to Dewsbury? Or is it that if their performance against Fev is anything to go by they have no chance of winning the competition so they're not interested?

On 10/06/2020 at 09:16, Bulls2487 said:

Take the above four clubs away and you have got your answer.

23 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I would have thought that if games were played behind closed doors that the Bulls would have got among the largest pay per view audiences and most of their fans would prefer that to travelling to Dewsbury? Or is it that if their performance against Fev is anything to go by they have no chance of winning the competition so they're not interested?

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18472787.bradford-bulls-fear-financial-impact-closed-doors-games/

Bulls chief executive Mark Sawyer admitted they would suffer more than most without any gate receipts from their temporary Dewsbury base.

“We would have the biggest cross to bear at Bradford if we had to play behind closed doors,” he said.

“The problem is that such a large percentage of the income comes from playing matches, which doesn’t always apply at other clubs.

“At Dewsbury, our percentage from matches is not substantial compared to other income streams. But Bradford’s matchday income is a massive percentage.

“You would soon be in difficulties if you didn’t have any income.”

Sawyer added: “It would be extremely difficult for clubs to play behind closed doors because of the financial aspect on top of the logistical issues. It would be very expensive.

“The Bradford crowds have been quite good in the first games this year.

“The season-ticket uptake, although not as high as last year, was only around 15 per cent less which is a superb response from the fans.

“I would say that playing behind closed doors is highly unlikely."

Archived