Dragons coach inexplicably survives

Basically wrote this season off . He’ll go at the end of the season I’d reckon with a lesser pay out and when they can do a proper scout for a new coach . At least it was better than last week , we got a lovely penalty goal brilliantly stroked over 

Reading between the lines the club seems a mess on and off the pitch and possibly the person that they would want to take over from "Mary" doesn't want it at this time and also perhaps they don't have the money to pay Mary off. 

He’s been badly let down by his players mind . He’s not going out there and making dumb decisions , errors , soft  efforts and blunt attacking plays . There’s plenty of rep talent there producing reserve grade stuff . Ben Hunt has been a disaster of Titanic proportions . He looks completely shot . I’d swap him for Adam Reynolds and I struggle to give him a bigger insult than that . In fact since he dropped the GF he’s looked a different player . And he’s on a ginormous wedge . Corey Norman , never rated him as a consistent player . Those two can’t look Mary in the eye . The forwards should no way be getting dominated like they were . It looks pretty rotten there all the way through 

11 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Reading between the lines the club seems a mess on and off the pitch and possibly the person that they would want to take over from "Mary" doesn't want it at this time and also perhaps they don't have the money to pay Mary off. 

Will Shane Flanagan will have a bigger input? Flanagan of course is still banned from being a head coach.

Now may be tricky from a financial point of view to move McGregor out, plus the shorter season may make it appear better to hang on. The reputed $1m contract payout if true puts the decision by the board in context

.Then as said above, it’s the well paid players out there making the dumb moves and decisions.

21 minutes ago, Graham said:

Will Shane Flanagan will have a bigger input? Flanagan of course is still banned from being a head coach.

Now may be tricky from a financial point of view to move McGregor out, plus the shorter season may make it appear better to hang on. The reputed $1m contract payout if true puts the decision by the board in context

.Then as said above, it’s the well paid players out there making the dumb moves and decisions.

Perhaps look at who has done the recruiting. Was that Mary?

1 hour ago, Graham said:

65A9DF76-DBDA-4C72-BA0B-FB39E608D83D.thumb.jpeg.1ede60c85827fdc6b1ee650e5d33dfa4.jpeg

Why does he look so happy. Still it’s only a game ... isn’t it?

He didn't look happy in the NRL360 interview last night

In fairness he did front up in the face of some very Frank questioning 

Issue for me is that he has some very good players so can't use the same excuses that say Holbrook could - not that either would make excuses 

I watched the game yesterday having not seen any NRL for years. The Dragons were terrible and would have lost to most SL teams on that performance. It was sad to see James Graham looking so out of sorts. The Bulldogs weren't great at the start but when they realised how bad St George were they ended up steamrollering them.

One of the tries they let in would have been disappointing to concede in a light training session.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

6 hours ago, tim2 said:

I watched the game yesterday having not seen any NRL for years. The Dragons were terrible and would have lost to most SL teams on that performance. It was sad to see James Graham looking so out of sorts. The Bulldogs weren't great at the start but when they realised how bad St George were they ended up steamrollering them.

One of the tries they let in would have been disappointing to concede in a light training session.

Graham is shot.... Needs to call it a day

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Graham is shot.... Needs to call it a day

True, the service he's given and the way he's played, it'd be a shame for him to go out on anything other than a (relative) high

12 hours ago, R L Winger said:

THE CEO, THE BOARD, THE GORDON FAMILY, THE COACH & THREE QUARTERS OF THE TEAM ALL HAVE TO GO AND THE CLUB NEEDS TO BE REBORN AS.....THE ST GEORGE DRAGONS......TO HELL WITH THIS PATHETIC MERGER.

How is the merger to blame and what on earth will demerging achieve? Apart from putting the club under even more pressure of remaining relevant under ever increasing scrutiny of the number of Sydney teams.

On 12/06/2020 at 10:08, R L Winger said:

Before 1982 when the Steelers came in, St George pretty well owned the Illawarra and by demerging it can go back to that. There will be no Illawarra Steelers.

That’s almost 40 years ago mate. Like the days when Central Coast residents supported the Bears more than any other club. Not that this has anything to do with my question. How is the merger responsible for the current state of affairs the club finds itself in?

Have the Dragons signed 17 new players since last week?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived