What other forums do use?

Obviously this is the best out there but what other forums do people use? Sporting or otherwise? 

I'm on an Aussies cricket one since 2005....a legacy of trying to troll Aussies during the 2005 ashes.... I subsequently mellowed and became a normal contributor (obviuolsy a very erudite, informed and humorous one ?

Rlfans.... Coz the Broncos fans are there... I don't like the format though so wish we'd move here

I also frequent occasionally a union one (as I play it and sometimes watch it) 

Anyone else having an affair on Total RL? 

I've cut back on my forum/message board membership over the last few years. Other than TRL, there's only one other one I'm on every day. I suspect having a Twitter account has been part of this.

I regularly visit a couple of others (Hydrogenaudio & Club MST3K) but mainly to read; I don't post there often.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

46 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Beehive?

40 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Indeed

I knew there would be a sting in the tail!

This one is my favourite.  I also go on Mumsnet mostly for the comedy value.  Very diverse though, there's no sweary filter on MN at all.  You have to go in with your tin hat on as absolutely ANYTHING goes. You can be cut down and flamed by the MN pearl clutching pack in seconds.  There's a thread called  To ask overseas folk what British quirks they think are weird/funny .

The 'overseas folk' didn't take prisoners.  I came back here to take refuge ?.  I think GJ said his other half goes on there so she will know.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

2 hours ago, heartofGold said:

This one is my favourite.  I also go on Mumsnet mostly for the comedy value.  Very diverse though, there's no sweary filter on MN at all.  You have to go in with your tin hat on as absolutely ANYTHING goes. You can be cut down and flamed by the MN pearl clutching pack in seconds.  There's a thread called  To ask overseas folk what British quirks they think are weird/funny .

The 'overseas folk' didn't take prisoners.  I came back here to take refuge ?.  I think GJ said his other half goes on there so she will know.

Why have I just spent two sodding hours reading that thread?! ?

Christ, it took some willpower not to sign up and reply to some of the ignorant morons on there! Some things just baffled me, for example, who doesn't rinse off their washing up before putting it on the drainer? Apparently British people don't do that. Also I thought taking shoes off indoors was a very British thing, apparently we all wander round with them on. What got me most of all though was how a lot of people seemed to be implying that being polite and well mannered to people was a bad thing. 

I'm gonna go rock backwards and forwards in a corner of the virtual pub for a bit. That was a horrifying experience... ?

Archived