Season Restart

fredm

I see Mark Sawyer is saying that the RFL is looking to restart the Championship at the end of August.  Each team will only play the other teams once meaning that as 4 matches have been played there are 9 remaining.  The season will end in November when the top 4 will play off.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a stitch up 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, fredm said:

I see Mark Sawyer is saying that the RFL is looking to restart the Championship at the end of August.  Each team will only play the other teams once meaning that as 4 matches have been played there are 9 remaining.  The season will end in November when the top 4 will play off.

I don't think he is suggesting it is a definite but puts it forward as an idea. It seems that he is worried that the club he loves, would struggle if they cannot play in front of spectators!

Right I've said this a few times now cancel 2020 season...

start pre season October 1st training wise: play the pre season games from November 7th, 

December 6th the season starts with games played Boxing Day New Year's Day & Easter (crowds would turn up 

season finishes 4th of July with a grand final been 31st of July or 7th of August 

11 hours ago, distantdog said:

I don't think he is suggesting it is a definite but puts it forward as an idea. It seems that he is worried that the club he loves, would struggle if they cannot play in front of spectators!

Bradford !!!

IMG_0583.JPG

Red Amber and black. Heard car boots back up and running towards kears contract extension!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Red Amber and black. Heard car boots back up and running towards kears contract extension!

..and wage reduction.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Right I've said this a few times now cancel 2020 season...

start pre season October 1st training wise: play the pre season games from November 7th, 

December 6th the season starts with games played Boxing Day New Year's Day & Easter (crowds would turn up 

season finishes 4th of July with a grand final been 31st of July or 7th of August 

No public transport on Boxing day and New years day, potential bad weather, genius!!

hawk-eye.gif

31 minutes ago, hawk-eye said:

No public transport on Boxing day and New years day, potential bad weather, genius!!

It worked years ago when it was winter rugby,  also with good crowds. But I think this season should be scrapped and start again next year. Imo.

2 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

Football seem to work and I'm sure  local derbies you wouldn't need local transport 

It worked from 2000/2002 season so why wouldn't it work now? I can't remember the winter been bad this time round February and March was worse with the weather 

I agree wholeheartedly, scrap 2020 apart from the Challenge Cup games. Aim for the Boxing Day/New Year derbies then bring forward the season by a fortnight. Players will then have a longer pre-season and be fit to start 2021. All clubs must keep same squads as well.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:12, Keep The Faith said:

Football seem to work and I'm sure  local derbies you wouldn't need local transport 

It worked from 2000/2002 season so why wouldn't it work now? I can't remember the winter been bad this time round February and March was worse with the weather 

It takes me 1.1/2 hours to walk to Don Valley, I've done it!

Who do you suggest the Eagles, Whitehaven and London play, we don't all live down the road from our local rivals?

hawk-eye.gif

3 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

It takes me 1.1/2 hours to walk to Don Valley, I've done it!

Who do you suggest the Eagles, Whitehaven and London play, we don't all live down the road from our local rivals?

Clubs don't have to play Boxing Day or New Year's Day it was an example but for me batley vs dewsbury over Xmas and a game vs York or fev would bring the fans in plus without SL would be a good crowds 

doubt Sheffield would cope with a crowd more than a 1000 

On 15/06/2020 at 20:01, Keep The Faith said:

Clubs don't have to play Boxing Day or New Year's Day it was an example but for me batley vs dewsbury over Xmas and a game vs York or fev would bring the fans in plus without SL would be a good crowds 

doubt Sheffield would cope with a crowd more than a 1000 

Their new ground should be built by now, surely?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

For the life of me I cannot see how the Championship and Championship 1 can resume when the clubs will have to pay the players once more as they would have to come off furlough,along with them at their expense having to test everyone which I believe is at a cost of somewhere between £3K and £5K per session.......and all of this without a penny of gate money.

I simply do not think that it is feasible financially for the Championship and Championship 1 to resume,unfortunately 

And frankly if they do then they will be financially ruining themselves.

22 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

For the life of me I cannot see how the Championship and Championship 1 can resume when the clubs will have to pay the players once more as they would have to come off furlough,along with them at their expense having to test everyone which I believe is at a cost of somewhere between £3K and £5K per session.......and all of this without a penny of gate money.

I simply do not think that it is feasible financially for the Championship and Championship 1 to resume,unfortunately 

And frankly if they do then they will be financially ruining themselves.

Totally agree with you rob, but it does make you wonder how sl can afford to do it when supposedly most are not financially flushed.

If there had a been a game today with the way things stand,hands up who would a been sat in stand.got to admit it would be tempting as am rattling for a tommos and some wardy hit ups.. but i doubt i would be risking things for now,

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Totally agree with you rob, but it does make you wonder how sl can afford to do it when supposedly most are not financially flushed.

Indeed.I think clubs like say Warrington,St Helens,Leeds and Wigan thanks to benefactors will be ok and I assume most SL players have taken a cut in pay.That might get some of the clubs through it.

I do think that some like say Salford and one or both the Hull clubs will have to look over their shoulder one thinks.

I think in all the divisions we will know at the end of the season whenever that is the outcomes,and possibly the consequences.....and any casualties 

I don't believe that the Championship clubs will even seriously consider playing behnd closed doors. SL clubs are forced to if they want to retain their Sky money this year, even though it will reduce by £260k per club next season, allegedly.

3 minutes ago, weighman said:

Wonder if there was a vote.

I don't know. Would that have been helpful or not?

Archived