Season Restart

fredm

15 hours ago, RogerT said:

Neither would your beloved Dewsbury.

True, but we may also be denied promotion. I am prepared to accept that, for the good of the game you understand.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/07/2020 at 15:44, DOGFATHER said:

From Fev's point of view, I'm not really sure why they are bursting at the seems to get the season restarted. I

really 

Featherstone Rovers Chairman Mark Campbell     

I proposed at start date in October and expressed a solution of each club playing one another only once this season, this would have given us the best possible chance of playing in front of crowds.

that's 3 months away so hardly bursting

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's that then for this season, let's see what the knock about is in October!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

46 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I was very surprised Toronto have pulled out of the rest of the season. Maybe this will open the door for promotion to SL?

Nah can't see it tbh, they'll be there in 2021. I see Fev are begging to be let in, in their place! I'd run a Championship elite team, with one player from each Championship team plus and extra from each of the top four teams, or perhaps leaving out Toulouse, but you get my drift. It would give the fans of the championship something to get behind, and I for one would like to see Manning or Brown play a few games in SL 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Hardly begging to be fair,only thing kept em out was bags a money toronto but no bags a money now it seems, could open it up for one hell of a knockout comp with final at christmas time for that place,  bring the crowds in all been well as it would be a waste playing now with no crowd.am sure they will find plenty of wrongs in the next week or so to give toronto some points deduction or even demotion to our league.its a bit of a farce for the game and not too good for the fans of toronto.

Read the press release - no P&R, simply a one-off voluntary competition the details of which will be announced once clubs have decided whether or not they wish to participate.

If Toronto aren't allowed back into SL in 2021 they plan to run an 11 team competition. One club has even proposed that there should be relegation from but no promotion to SL at the end of that season, with the leagues reorganising into two 10 team competitions and a stronger, more meaningful third tier. I can't see that happening but it is an interesting concept.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived