Bad news for Salford?

Oh #### the bed, this could be massive. If it's true and not just a PR stunt, and if Sale get planning permission, and if they get the funds to build the new stadium, and if they then actually build it, and if they then move out of the AJ Bell, and if the AJ Bell stadium management company can't find anyone to replace them, and if they decide that they no longer have sufficient income to keep the stadium viable, and if the stadium owners decide to stop supporting it, and if no buyer comes along to take the stadium off their hands, and if Salford are forced to move out, and if they can't afford to build another stadium themselves, and if they can't find another stadium to share, and if the sport of Rugby League still exists by then, and if the Earth hasn't been swallowed up by the sun and we've all been swept into the welcoming arms of oblivion, then, yes, this has the potential to be bad news.

You really have to feel for the Salford fans, forced to live permanently at DEFCON 1. They must have rings tighter than the protective one thrown around the Prime Minister's unelected Svengali. Still, it explains why some of them are a bit rotund: they're not fat, they've just got massive poo bellies.

If I remember correctly, Salford owe the council several million pounds, which the council keeps deferring under condition they continue to play at AJBell and are called Salford. 

If the council sells out, it's could be a positive for SRD on the grounds that they are free to find a more suitable stadium as long as they keep the city's name. 

Other than Salford FC though, is there one in the city? Salford Red Devils playing out of the mini-Etihad anyone? 

Been a while since someone on here predicted the demise of Salford. Lockdown must be ending soon. 

Salford are tenants it will be up to the stadium company to find other ways of generating income.

Or it could all be smoke and mirrors by Sale

When Swinton ground shared at Moor Lane it was in a sorry state, barely enough for NWC standard, now they have built (from what I see on the Internet), quite a smart stadium, good enough for EFL1, however, if the get into the Championship, then they may have to start looking to AJ Bell, but that is a number of years off yet. Their mid table EFL2 position this year suggests a consolidation year, but I think they may do well next year, after that? Who knows, but they won't be ground sharing in Peel Green anytime soon, they are staying in Kersal.

52 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

When Swinton ground shared at Moor Lane it was in a sorry state, barely enough for NWC standard, now they have built (from what I see on the Internet), quite a smart stadium, good enough for EFL1, however, if the get into the Championship, then they may have to start looking to AJ Bell, but that is a number of years off yet. Their mid table EFL2 position this year suggests a consolidation year, but I think they may do well next year, after that? Who knows, but they won't be ground sharing in Peel Green anytime soon, they are staying in Kersal.

It would be costly to bankroll a team in the Championship, I doubt they’ll get that far. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Sphincters at ease, Salford fans.

To the surprise of nobody - except the OP (and probably Dido Harding) - there's a considerable difference between saying you'd like to build yourself a new stadium and having a magnificent erection with your name on it.

Surely there is somewhere else in the Sale area they could build a stadium?

Archived