Mon 15 Jun: NRL: Canterbury Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters KO 10am BST (Rearranged)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Canterbury Bulldogs
    • Sydney Roosters

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/20 at 06:30

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I don't really follow your logic here.

The initial post was that the Bulldogs are being punished because of the six again law and the speed of the Roosters ruck.

But you would rather just see more penalties given to the Roosters?

My comments are not related to tonight’s game.

I do not like the rule in general or how it is implemented or applied.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

The Bulldogs are on the scoreboard at last!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Allora said:

My comments are not related to tonight’s game.

I do not like the rule in general or how it is implemented or applied.

I remember a few years ago when we were all up in arms about how the game was being ruined by so many penalties being blown and there was no play going on.

I don't know if you were one of those being vocal about the penalties but now we have more free flowing rugby on show I am not keen to go back to seeing penalty after penalty.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Personally I think the new law has produced a cleaner ruck than when we had the crackdown in 2018.

Back then there were 87 penalties across three games and everyone was up in arms about the game being ruined as a spectacle.  Here is one example

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-31/nrl-penalty-crackdown-draws-ire-of-immortal-andrew-johns/9606720

Give me 2020 with the teams being punished for ill discipline at the ruck but the game continuing than seeing 30 penalties a game any day of the week.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

A very impressive performance for most of the match by the Roosters.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

59 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Personally I think the new law has produced a cleaner ruck than when we had the crackdown in 2018.

Back then there were 87 penalties across three games and everyone was up in arms about the game being ruined as a spectacle.  Here is one example

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-31/nrl-penalty-crackdown-draws-ire-of-immortal-andrew-johns/9606720

Give me 2020 with the teams being punished for ill discipline at the ruck but the game continuing than seeing 30 penalties a game any day of the week.

What about 2019?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

14 minutes ago, Allora said:

What about 2019?

Teams conceded an average of 7.9 penalties a game in 2018.

In 2019 this came down to 6.5 per game.

For 2020 to date the figure is 5.9 per game.

Inwouod argue this is a positive trend and one worth encouraging. 

One of the things that greater exposure to the NRL this year has demonstrated is that there are about six top sides and six that are not. Canterbury never gave up but apart from Foran and Hopoate. they are an ordinary side and just not good enough. That's the basic truth there, not like Cronulla and St George with the obvious lack of effort. Canterbury players are at least trying..

The Roosters frankly never got out of third gear and were able to surgically dismante the Dogs. Still I cannot imgine Trent Robinson being that happy with the perforamnce - it's not the Roosters way.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived