DR and Loan signings.

the old nine ole

Nothing really happening at the moment .. but I was reflecting on DR and loan signings ... who have been good who have been Ok and who have been dreadful!!  .. I think Fev have probably mastered the way to get the best out of the system ... and we probably haven't!!

For me one of the best was Shannon Wakeman ... and the worst was David Fifitta ..... what do you all think?

The lad who came from Hull KR and helped us beat Halifax this season was the best. He was chomping at the bit to be on the field and scored a try. Forgotten his name but he put in a shift and then some.

The rest have all been forgettable, other than Fifita and co who were memorable only for the fact they were so bad.

4 minutes ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

The lad who came from Hull KR and helped us beat Halifax this season was the best. He was chomping at the bit to be on the field and scored a try. Forgotten his name but he put in a shift and then some.

The rest have all been forgettable, other than Fifita and co who were memorable only for the fact they were so bad.

Matty Gee ... yes he was good!

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

God I'd rather not remember Fifita, he had about 4 runs and never once took the ball forward.

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Nothing really happening at the moment .. but I was reflecting on DR and loan signings ... who have been good who have been Ok and who have been dreadful!!  .. I think Fev have probably mastered the way to get the best out of the system ... and we probably haven't!!

For me one of the best was Shannon Wakeman ... and the worst was David Fifitta ..... what do you all think?

I liked Etu uaisale borrowed from the Bulls a few years back - good player in an average team. Biggest let down Michael Platt, who in his one game was conspicuous by his absence as a contributor.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

That Annakin lad did OK I thought. I wonder what happened to him.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

I think he left Wakefield, I dont know where he went though ??

My Batley contacts assure me he went to a pub side near Gawthorpe - wish we’d signed him.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

21 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

I think the Wakey ones who poorly represented us and them selves at Rochdale were a disgrace!!  ... but I can think of a few that didn't do that bad ... over and above the ones that have already been mentioned .... I thought that Matty English .. Michael Goudemond ..the O'Brian hooker we got from Bradford ... Lucas Walshaw ..( Wakey and Bulls ).. the centre we got from Hull a couple of years ago ... The winger from Halifax, Mc Grath I think his name was ... Brett Seymour... and Sammy Kibula ... if he didn't keep getting sent off!!  I think they all did a decent job for us!

Matty Gee is off contract at the end of the season. Hull KR haven't started re-signing players yet, so you never know.....................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 13/06/2020 at 23:01, the old nine ole said:

Best DR Adam O’Brien.  Worst Def fifitta.  Caton Brown didn’t get ball so can’t blame him   
Best loan - Sammy Kibula.  He was awesome. I’d have him back any day.

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Best DR Adam O’Brien.  Worst Def fifitta.  Caton Brown didn’t get ball so can’t blame him   
Best loan - Sammy Kibula.  He was awesome. I’d have him back any day.

How many times did he get sent off though?

Archived