World at their feet: A look ahead to possible Championship involvement in next year’s World Cup

1 hour ago, stevevalerugby said:

4 at Halifax in Wales elite squad.  DAN FLEMING, SION JONES, CONNOR DAVIES and CURTIS DAVIES all in with a shout hopefully.

Sion finishes Uni in Leeds this year and from what he said to me the chances were he'd be going back to Wales. Hope he stays in the game though he's a good lad (and pulls a nice pint of Guinness!)

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Sion finishes Uni in Leeds this year and from what he said to me the chances were he'd be going back to Wales. Hope he stays in the game though he's a good lad (and pulls a nice pint of Guinness!)

Never quite broke through at Fax to the same extent as the Davies twins. A few injuries haven’t helped.

The unfortunate reality of a return to South Wales is a likely return to union as WWR is just too far out for little return for most players. 

Just now, welshmagpie said:

Never quite broke through at Fax to the same extent as the Davies twins. A few injuries haven’t helped.

The unfortunate reality of a return to South Wales is a likely return to union as WWR is just too far out for little return for most players. 

Yeah exactly that is sadly true. Highlights yet again how this game needs more professional opportunities in more areas.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Sion is at Halifax till 2023 at least as he extended his contract whilst recovering from injury.   he is also doing his masters at Leeds Beckett for the next 2 years.

4 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

i dont know played 14 games in his 1st season against the likes of Hull KR,  Leeds and Widnes as a prop of 20 not bad.  Then last year and a bit he has been recovering from an ACL injury but is now fit and rearing to go when the season resumes.

IIRC Skolars have fair representation in Jamaica squad, both playing and coaching. On mobile so hopefully somebody can find names etc.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Seven from Leigh's 2020 squad

Scotland, Helliwell, Hood, Addy, Brooks, Glohe

Ireland, McNally, Bienick

Sorry i only mentioned the 4 Welsh boys at Halifax but you also have Ben Kavanagh for Scotland, James Woodburn-Hall for Jamaica and James Saltonstall for Itally.  Sorry lads only thinking in Welsh. lol

Archived