The Festival Of Football

Festival of Football   

43 members have voted

1. 1. How much of the PL will you watch?

• My eyeballs will be glued to the tv for every game
    • Matches involving the big boys only
    • Relegation and Euro place battles only
    • The odd game only
    • Zero, Zip, Zilch Nada

Now that the so called Festival of Football is about to start,  and boy Sky will be hyping this up for the next six weeks,  how much of the PL will you be watching? And what other activities could you be engaged in instead that might be more enjoyable. Walking the dog perhaps,  learning to cut your own hair, or getting around to that paint job in the house that you have put off , and then watching it dry. ?

Actually I'm being a bit facetious,  I don't mind it, I voted for option 3.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just done bathroom ceiling.but i can give it another coat when footy comes on.what we need is a leeds v cas,dewsbury v batley,and a fev v toronto to get some blood flowing again.fevv fax will do if toronto knock.:kolobok_training1:

34 minutes ago, silverback said:

Have just done bathroom ceiling.but i can give it another coat when footy comes on.what we need is a leeds v cas,dewsbury v batley,and a fev v toronto to get some blood flowing again.fevv fax will do if toronto knock.:kolobok_training1:

Season will be abandoned 

I've given up all hope of UK rugby this year. 6 months to the friendlies starting again.

In the meantime I might watch the reds get licked week after week.... 

Barnsley partick and fev...... what a bloody trio!!?

Each to his own, but I only watch rugby league. No other sport has any interest for me, no idea why, just don't get any enjoyment out of watching other sports.

However, due to the tidal wave of coverage that we get for football via tv, newspapers and the interweb, I seem to know which football teams play in which colours, where they play, their managers and lots of their players even though I never sought out any information about them. You can't get away from it.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

43 minutes ago, silverback said:

Just to point out Fev v Toronto will not be happening this year, despite your deluded visions Fev are not in Superleague.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Just to point out Fev v Toronto will not be happening this year, despite your deluded visions Fev are not in Superleague.

thats why i had fev v fax in as fev v toronto wont happen for a while,you have to admit they wernt far off last time and that was one hell of a game,did you see it>

and seen as fev aint lost yet and toronto aint got a point in Sl i know who had have in super league all day long,and no am not buying a ottawa shirt..:kolobok_popcorm1:stay safe.

1 hour ago, Exiled Townie said:

Each to his own, but I only watch rugby league. No other sport has any interest for me, no idea why, just don't get any enjoyment out of watching other sports.

However, due to the tidal wave of coverage that we get for football via tv, newspapers and the interweb, I seem to know which football teams play in which colours, where they play, their managers and lots of their players even though I never sought out any information about them. You can't get away from it.

have got to admit am really missing my suday games and a pint or two with mates,dident think it would get to me as much as it has done, but with all the ££ have saved been in house 3 months am just on with getting a motorhome sorted for when our brisca f1 season gets underway again,and a few nights out in holland. try catch a night meeting on utube under lights,35  600 bhp v8s going round track at full chat really gets the hair standing up if you can close to the fence. stick brisca f1 world final in u tube and enjoy...

25 minutes ago, silverback said:

have got to admit am really missing my suday games and a pint or two with mates,dident think it would get to me as much as it has done, but with all the ££ have saved been in house 3 months am just on with getting a motorhome sorted for when our brisca f1 season gets underway again,and a few nights out in holland. try catch a night meeting on utube under lights,35  600 bhp v8s going round track at full chat really gets the hair standing up if you can close to the fence. stick brisca f1 world final in u tube and enjoy...

I've been to LeMans for the 24 hour race a few times and there's something quite visceral about being either at Arnage corner or in the grandstand at 1 or 2 in the morning as a 5litre Corvette V8 goes hurtling through, the sound is almost at the pain level, the ceramic disc brakes glow bright red as they go into the corner and the exhaust spits flame like it's on afterburner.

You don't get that at any football match

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I've been to LeMans for the 24 hour race a few times and there's something quite visceral about being either at Arnage corner or in the grandstand at 1 or 2 in the morning as a 5litre Corvette V8 goes hurtling through, the sound is almost at the pain level, the ceramic disc brakes glow bright red as they go into the corner and the exhaust spits flame like it's on afterburner.

You don't get that at any football match

Bolton’s twin town...true story.

We’ve also got a suicide pact with Paderborn in Germany!

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Bolton’s twin town...true story.

We’ve also got a suicide pact with Paderborn in Germany!

Bolton used to have a great little  racetrack about 30 years ago,think its tesco now same as rochdale were we raced round the rugby pitch.

41 minutes ago, silverback said:

Bolton used to have a great little  racetrack about 30 years ago,think its tesco now same as rochdale were we raced round the rugby pitch.

Yeah, sadly been gone a while that.

I think Belle Vue is the nearest one to me now 

My Grandad used to visit the Bolton track a lot in the 1970s and help care for the dogs.

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yeah, sadly been gone a while that.

I think Belle Vue is the nearest one to me now 

My Grandad used to visit the Bolton track a lot in the 1970s and help care for the dogs.

belle vues next for chop in 2021 for 120 houses,stokes gone too for office blocks,old belle vue were magic around 11pm for last race of night,nearest we would have ever got to chariots and gladiators in our life time,and a full house at odsal in the 80s for daily mirror £1.000 a race was awesome, all chapters in life.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/historic-belle-vue-greyhound-stadium-17448332

6 minutes ago, silverback said:

belle vues next for chop in 2021 for 120 houses,stokes gone too for office blocks,old belle vue were magic around 11pm for last race of night,nearest we would have ever got to chariots and gladiators in our life time,and a full house at odsal in the 80s for daily mirror £1.000 a race was awesome, all chapters in life.

I didn’t know Belle Vue was going, that’s really sad.

Had quite a few laughs there on works nights out.

Cheap and cheerful!

If I’m watching , apart from the mighty toffees , it’s more likely to be a championship match . I prefer those , it’s very competitive with lots of teams with stuff to play for . And play offs , I like them 

21 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Now that the so called Festival of Football is about to start,  and boy Sky will be hyping this up for the next six weeks,  how much of the PL will you be watching? And what other activities could you be engaged in instead that might be more enjoyable. Walking the dog perhaps,  learning to cut your own hair, or getting around to that paint job in the house that you have put off , and then watching it dry. ?

Actually I'm being a bit facetious,  I don't mind it, I voted for option 3.

Due to lockdown I’ve walked the dog to death,my hairdressing skills are so refined I’m being head hunted by Vidal Sassoon (this reference may be out of date) and the house looks like the queens about to make a visit. So I might as well put the football on. 

Archived