Your best Rugby League history items?

I’ve a ‘Ticket Only’ turnstile sign from Wheldon Road. I acquired it on the evening that Castleford were relegated for the first time in their history (2004). Not particularly unique but it’s memorable (for the wrong reasons!) and it’s at the entrance to my house now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lancashire Cup runners up medal 1979 v Widnes at The Willows. 

Lancashire combination winners medal (A team competition) 1978.

Just laying in the draw. 

Oh and bad back and broken nose from 77 to 86 ??

On 19/06/2020 at 18:16, 17 stone giant said:

Hi Ash,

I have a very rare photo of various dummies that have been spat out by RL fans on this forum in recent years. Unfortunately I've lost the certificate of authenticity, so I'm unable to provide details of whom they initially belonged to, or the issue that caused them to be spat out (e.g. expansion, Toronto, marketing, etc.). Let me know if you're interested in this valuable piece of RL history.

memorabilia.jpg

I honestly contemplated putting it in as a wildcard entry, purely for comedic value.

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

On 21/06/2020 at 08:27, AB Knight said:

I’ve a ‘Ticket Only’ turnstile sign from Wheldon Road. I acquired it on the evening that Castleford were relegated for the first time in their history (2004). Not particularly unique but it’s memorable (for the wrong reasons!) and it’s at the entrance to my house now.

Sure send us a photo!

23 hours ago, yanto said:

Lancashire Cup runners up medal 1979 v Widnes at The Willows. 

Lancashire combination winners medal (A team competition) 1978.

Just laying in the draw. 

Oh and bad back and broken nose from 77 to 86 ??

Send a photo?!

On 20/06/2020 at 10:17, Wigan Riversider said:

I have a 1989 Challenge Cup Final programme signed by the Wigan players. 

Like the memory of the day itself, the programme is priceless. 

Send a photo for me if you could thanks

Best I have is a programme from 1948 of the Aussies playing Hull which was in the Aus colours and featured the Sydney Harbour Bridge on the front.

Dad also took me to 2 Ashes tests in that '48/'49 series at Headingley and Odsal. We won both and the series 3-0. Don't believe we have won by that margin since.

Clive Churchill played in all 3 games.

9 hours ago, Ash Hope said:

Send a photo?!

Im glad I looked at this thread.As I said the medals are laying in the back of the draw..which draw ?? 

Turning the house upside down to try and find them ? 

But I did turn up this bit of memorobillia while ratching. Playing for Carlisle in the Keith Tindall benefit game in 81/82 season.

105579652_10158420366166322_8693154078039137977_n.jpg

105383011_10158420366106322_3516629641510899651_n.jpg

As a kid, it was always pointed out to me that a certain house in Swinton used to be the residence of Martin Hodgson, the ex Swinton player and long distance goalkicking record holder. When the street was demolished in the early 60s I took a half brick from his house and it had pride of place on my bedroom windowsill for a few years. Don't know what happened to it, probably thrown out by my mum.

On 19/06/2020 at 18:16, 17 stone giant said:

Hi Ash,

I have a very rare photo of various dummies that have been spat out by RL fans on this forum in recent years. Unfortunately I've lost the certificate of authenticity, so I'm unable to provide details of whom they initially belonged to, or the issue that caused them to be spat out (e.g. expansion, Toronto, marketing, etc.). Let me know if you're interested in this valuable piece of RL history.

memorabilia.jpg

mines the one back right, blue and white with the green handle.. i've spat it out a few times but normally get it back.... that one i spat so far i needed to buy a new one!

Archived