James Graham requests St. George-Illawarra allow his immediate return to Super League.

James Graham has asked his current club, St. George-Illawarra Dragons, grant him a release “with immediate effect,” so that he can return to Super League.

There is as yet no indication of which SL club James Graham is planning to play for.  A good guess would be the club named St. Helens, which has just lost their star prop Luke Thompson to the NRL club Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eal said:

He has looked past it this season in the NRL.

Rumour is that James Graham has been seen about town singing the following verse of Paul McCartney's classic song "Yesterday."

"Suddenly,

I'm not half the man I used to be,

There's a shadow hanging over me

Oh yesterday came suddenly.."

Says it all really, on his current status as a player.

On the other hand, James Graham has performed an invaluable role on the Fox television rugby league network, as a commentator. James Graham is an intelligent man, and gives a better image for British rugby league players than Sam Burgess, who although more revered than Graham as a player, is much less articulate and much less intelligent. Graham's appearances alongside Benji Marshall every Tuesday night on Fox's "NRL360" have been always worth a look. Had he stayed in Australia, James could have snared a position as a commentator on Fox League after his retirement from playing. Many other top commentators on that channel speak very highly of him. He will be missed.

GRAHAM TO RETURN TO SUPER LEAGUE

Dragons forward James Graham is working with the club on an immediate return to the Super League.

The veteran played 225 Super League matches before joining the Bulldogs in 2012 and has played 185 NRL games.

If the club were to release him, they would want a player of similar experience in return.

The Dragons released a statement on Thursday saying:

“St George Illawarra have been involved in discussions with Dragons forward James Graham and his management regarding an opportunity for him to return to the English Super League with immediate effect.

“The Dragons will consider this option for Graham on the merit a replacement player is secured by the club prior to his release.

“The Dragons will be making no further comment regarding Graham at this stage.”

The Dragons have already lost Tyson Frizell to Newcastle for next season while talented youngsters Jason Saab and Tristan Sailor are looking at quitting the club.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/live-nrl-stars-managed-by-controversial-agent-free-to-rip-up-contracts/news-story/8df10193aa8ef3b8896001fbaf7dd08e

6 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

James Graham has asked his current club, St. George-Illawarra Dragons, grant him a release “with immediate effect,” so that he can return to Super League.

There is as yet no indication of which SL club James Graham is planning to play for.  A good guess would be the club named St. Helens, which has just lost their star prop Luke Thompson to the NRL club Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Yesterdays man. Any club who is thinking of signing him would be better off in using the money he would want on junior development

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

This is what he said:

"All I can say is I'm not looking for the door ... I'm not really thinking about my future."

48 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Yesterdays man. Any club who is thinking of signing him would be better off in using the money he would want on junior development

Depends on what money he’s asking for, you can’t underestimate experience, nor the impact he’d have on younger players. 

7 hours ago, eal said:

He has looked past it this season in the NRL.

He was much better in his last game, coincided with him being allowed to play more of his normal game, passing at the line etc. 

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Can’t imagine it’s Graham’s choice to leave but I’d love to see him back.

Jammer is a character and when he hangs up his boots I hope he can become involved in some way with Sky Sports coverage to replace some of the 1990s Wigan crew. 

Jammer??

If the story is true, I find it really  dissapointing.  He played really well at the weekend.

Why is it that so many British players who join NRL clubs end up back here, where the post career opportunities seem so limited.

I’d be surprised to see it being any other club but Saints given he’s a massive Saints fan, a fan favourite, this will mean he will be near family and we’re in need of a prop given Luke Thompson’s early departure to Canterbury. 

I’m not enthused by the signing of Graham. He’s 35, he’ll cost a packet and I’m not sure on his ability any more, especially after so many years of hammer he’d have taken in the NRL. 

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d be surprised to see it being any other club but Saints given he’s a massive Saints fan, a fan favourite, this will mean he will be near family and we’re in need of a prop given Luke Thompson’s early departure to Canterbury. 

I’m not enthused by the signing of Graham. He’s 35, he’ll cost a packet and I’m not sure on his ability any more, especially after so many years of hammer he’d have taken in the NRL. 

Agreed, he’s not good enough. There are other clubs within half an hour of Maghull. 

4 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Ah right to his teammates not to random people then. Stick to James Graham 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Every Saints fan knows him as Jammer. It’s pretty common knowledge both sides of the equator. 

Yep, everyone calls him Jammer ?

Archived