James Graham requests St. George-Illawarra allow his immediate return to Super League.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy with a short term deal as a stop-gap replacement for Thompson. A good leader and I hope he would help develop the likes of Lees. After a mixed start to the season, bringing in some 'new' blood might help us, off the field and off it.

He's not going to be the player he was, but even if he is on the decline, he's still a player who will contribute a lot. I would hope the fans can see him in action personally!

James Graham is to play the rest of the 2020 season at St Helens before retiring from playing and going back to live in Australia.

Not very patriotic at all choosing another country to live in over England after his playing career is over. Our international head coach must be questioning whether he was ever patriotic enough for England selection. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

James Graham is to play the rest of the 2020 season at St Helens before retiring from playing and going back to live in Australia.

Not very patriotic at all choosing another country to live in over England after his playing career is over. Our international head coach must be questioning whether he was ever patriotic enough for England selection. 

Nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Well done Sir Kev.  That post is the biggest load of cobblers it has been my misfortune to read on here ...... and I have read a lot of cobblers on here .... some I posted myself!

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I hope this is sarcasm, or a joke. Otherwise you are a complete moron.

On 17/06/2020 at 21:24, Manfred Mann said:

On the other hand, James Graham has performed an invaluable role on the Fox television rugby league network, as a commentator. James Graham is an intelligent man, and gives a better image for British rugby league players than Sam Burgess, who although more revered than Graham as a player, is much less articulate and much less intelligent. Graham's appearances alongside Benji Marshall every Tuesday night on Fox's "NRL360" have been always worth a look. Had he stayed in Australia, James could have snared a position as a commentator on Fox League after his retirement from playing. Many other top commentators on that channel speak very highly of him. He will be missed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/james-grahams-st-helens-swansong-22214358:

"Graham is thought to have options to head back to Australia after that to follow fellow England international Sam Burgess in taking up a media career."

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He wants what's best for his children, which means moving back to Australia as soon as their education begins.

Seems about right to me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I’ve always liked James Graham and pleased if he gets his swansong—- he probably deserves it but from what I’ve seen of him over the last two seasons, think Saints would have been better served giving a young lad from the Championship a go. Good luck to him and hope he has a stinker if he ever faces Wire again

It may be a controversial view, but I don't want Jammer to return to Saints.  He was fabulous when he was last playing for us but he didn't want to stay and now he's past it.  I'd rather remember the player he was and leave it at that.

32 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

It may be a controversial view, but I don't want Jammer to return to Saints.  He was fabulous when he was last playing for us but he didn't want to stay and now he's past it.  I'd rather remember the player he was and leave it at that.

If I were a Saints fan I'd feel the same to an extent when it comes to his playing ability. He looks slow and has missed more tackles this season than I've seen him ever (except for when he inexplicably played in the 9s tournament earlier this year) .

I guess it won't just be what he brings on the field though 

36 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Does anyone know what he said in the interview after the game 

“I am unsure what is just happening just yet but the decision reached is pretty clear. We will see what happens in the next couple of days and weeks,” Graham said.

Match: Titans v Dragons

Venue:Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

“It was a bit weird knowing that was potentially my last game but I just wanted to get a win for the team.”

The esteem with which Graham is held by his team-mates was obvious as they embraced the 34-year-old in the sheds after full-time.

"If that is that is his last game it is fitting to send him off with a win. It probably hasn’t been a highlight of his career his last two years here, but James is a warrior and you know every day he is going to put in  his best," Dragons hooker Ben Hunt said.

"He has been an excellent role model for our young forwards with his work ethic. It doesn’t matter how sore or bruised he is, if he gets injured his first session back we will have a training run and he will do his own fitness at the end.

"He is always working harder than someone else. That is who he is and why he has played over 400 games."

21 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/james-grahams-st-helens-swansong-22214358:

"Graham is thought to have options to head back to Australia after that to follow fellow England international Sam Burgess in taking up a media career."

I hope for him this will be his new career...he deserves it after his playing career and after some of the former players that end up in media I don't think it'll be hard for him to outshine a lot of them. Don't think I ever saw a game he didn't give all he could, and after 8 years down under why the hell not stay there?? Let's face it, his kids are probably more Aussie than Scouse by now....

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Archived