New club...if you’ve missed it!

glemiln

Rochdale Hornets RLFC Ltd (Plc) 

The formal announcement is on the club web site, on social media and even on the main TRL forum, where several posters wish us well.

https://hornetsrugbyleague.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=63252b8be56d311d18c3b1156&id=7ecc442865&e=2f982ed402

Personally, I am delighted and thank the Chairman Andy Mazey and his Board, along with the Members, who have given the club a new lease of life, especially in these difficult times.  
Look forward (whenever that is!) to a new ride and details of the new supporters association. 
Good luck to all who sail in her.

• 8 months later...

Good luck with Mazey. 

He'll reel you in with big promises and before you know it, he'll be trying to change your identity. Once Wine o'clock kicks in, he'll be spouting off and slating you. The man is an idiot, he's trying to be Derek Beaumont at Leigh, but without the grace or skills. 

Once he realised the Lions fans wouldn't accept his plan to kill our identity and called him out, he scurried away like a little rat. He's now with you, I wish you the very best of luck with that. Whatever you do, keep blowing smoke up his backside or he'll be downing his wine and attacking you on social media. He reads everything you write, he has little lapdogs that run to him with every little criticism they pick up on. 

No doubt he'll be reading this soon enough. Hello Andrew, I had a great time calling you out before, you quit the next day. Treat Hornets with a bit more respect than you treated us. 

Two different animals Swinton and Hornets . Your loss is our gain Swinton are unfortunately nomads Hornets have everything in place and even if it all does go pear shaped I like many will be glad we given  it a go instead of a slow death. You seem to be were you are now thanks to Andy and his team but because you didn’t get 100% of what you wanted it’s bye bye. I wonder if all Swinton fans feel the same as you. Good win at Bradford and I hope you stay up so we can play you in the Championship next season.If you are just fishing then well done you must feel very proud of yourself.

6 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

Two different animals Swinton and Hornets . Your loss is our gain Swinton are unfortunately nomads Hornets have everything in place and even if it all does go pear shaped I like many will be glad we given  it a go instead of a slow death. You seem to be were you are now thanks to Andy and his team but because you didn’t get 100% of what you wanted it’s bye bye. I wonder if all Swinton fans feel the same as you. Good win at Bradford and I hope you stay up so we can play you in the Championship next season.If you are just fishing then well done you must feel very proud of yourself.

The only problem we had was changing the name of the club to Manchester Lions, we are Swinton Lions. Mazey said he had held consultations with supporters, he might have, but  if he did, it was a select few new supporters who never knew the club in Manchester 27. He didn't consult us, he never even mentioned it to the majority of the support until he announced it was happening. He lasted days after, once he was called out on it. He was warned when he started to drip feed 'Manchester' into every aspect of the club. He did it anyway, then he scurried away. 

Considering we have been nomads, and you have been in your town for all the time we have played away from ours, we have consistently been above you, still. Not sure how you think that will change, but I wish your supporters all the best. We won't go down, we have a good side and will comfortably hit mid-table. 

As for fishing, you sound like Mazey. Warning you of his 'quirks', is not fishing. Once the fear of Mazey leaving Swinton subsided from those who worshipped him, the fans united and we are stronger than ever. Our Pridebuilder, which Mazey belittled, is still bringing thousands into the club. He nicked the idea for Hornets, I see. I bet you a bottle of red, you won't get anywhere near our funding levels. We have several groups raising money for it, including the Station Roaders who fought for the Swinton name and  stood up to Mazey. 

You see how it goes, you watch him get you all onside and then try and change your club. If you stand up to him, watch him scurry away. Beaumont he is not,

Incidentally, we have more money in sponsorships for this season, than the club has ever had. Coincidence, I think not. People can see through chancers, and Mazey is. Now the club is run by supporters with the club at heart, people want to back that.

23 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

But you are still miles from Swinton and sadly always will be. Nomadic and clinging to what was a great heritage.  Personally I think Hornets needed Andy Mazey. The supporters owned concept had run its course. 

But the name lives on, the heritage matters, our club, our birthright. 

On 09/03/2021 at 08:13, aMAZEYballs said:

Good luck with Mazey. 

He'll reel you in with big promises and before you know it, he'll be trying to change your identity. Once Wine o'clock kicks in, he'll be spouting off and slating you. The man is an idiot, he's trying to be Derek Beaumont at Leigh, but without the grace or skills. 

Once he realised the Lions fans wouldn't accept his plan to kill our identity and called him out, he scurried away like a little rat. He's now with you, I wish you the very best of luck with that. Whatever you do, keep blowing smoke up his backside or he'll be downing his wine and attacking you on social media. He reads everything you write, he has little lapdogs that run to him with every little criticism they pick up on. 

No doubt he'll be reading this soon enough. Hello Andrew, I had a great time calling you out before, you quit the next day. Treat Hornets with a bit more respect than you treated us. 

"Defamation" happens when words of an untrue nature against another person or company that belittle or tarnish their reputation are published for a third party to view or verbally communicated. The publication or communication can serve to undermine the integrity and reputation of the subject and can lead to ridicule, contempt or mistrust which in turn, can have a severe impact on the wellbeing and security of an individual or business.

The act of defamation to damage the reputation of the claimant can fall into one of two areas: slander and libel. Slander occurs when the defamation is an act of a temporary nature, such as that of spoken words. Libel, on the other hand, is a permanent form of defamatory publication, such as written words or recorded material. 

So that's the legal bit out of the way.

Firstly I'm sure Andy has all his legal rights reserved and doesn't need me to defend him. Regardless Id be very careful posting in such a way under a alias or not it does not make you exempt from the law.

What is strange that someone without malicious intent would register an account on an internet forum to dig up what is old history and chose to comment on another clubs forum, especially on a thread last commented upon in June 2020. Is it not time you moved on and if things are as positive as you seem to portray at your club then why are you so bothered about what Andy Mazey and Rochdale Hornets are doing?

As for some of your preposterous childish nonsense I wont bother addressing but will put a few of you assertions to bed with some concrete facts that are a matter of public record and not for dispute.

Firstly, Rochdale Hornets name and location was legally protected within the take over and transfer of ownership to Andy and his team (matter of fact and public record). It seems you struggle with facts so to make it clear once and for all this means in layman's terms Rochdale Hornets name cannot legally be changed and the club canot be moved  out of Rochdale. This fact has been made absolutely clear in all communication prior to and since they (Andy and team) saw no need to change the name or location of a club with a 220,000 plus population as a large Gtr Manchester Borough of its own right with no other professional club operating within it. Swinton on the contrary is a small town of c20,000 in Salford that it not even been in for knocking on 30 years. To add insult to injury the small town you carry the name of also has a successful Super League club (Salford) already operating within it which pretty much renders any future opportunities of note slim to non existent. Hopefully the penny is dropping?

Out of respect for the new board at Swinton I wont go into many issues that would make most of what you post look very silly indeed. What i will just touch on for you for some perspective however is the situation drawing closer at the end of this year with the current SKY broadcast agreement set to end. This is the point in time that was always the driver for change needed and the very reason Andy and his team with knowledge and foresight tried as you would expect of prudent businessmen to give your club a fighting chance, create an identity and give you a purpose in an attempt to make you relevant moving forward which for the reasons stated above Swinton sadly no longer is or will never be.

Also never forget at least two of your current shareholders where part of Andy's board and fully understood the above and furthermore backed it. While they seem to be doing a good job of making the best of a bad job and respect for their efforts i wouldn't rule out the reality of a rebrand or change in future as you where told the sport is heading to a point of change or die.

In summary Andy and his team have moved on long ago and seem to be doing another good job at another great club but with a difference its a club with loads of potential at Hornets and has all the building blocks in place they could only have dreamed of. Id suggest you concentrate on your own club and stop creating fake username's and accounts to snipe at good people who moved on long ago but should be respected for what they did for you.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, Stick To Facts said:

"Defamation" happens when words of an untrue nature against another person or company that belittle or tarnish their reputation are published for a third party to view or verbally communicated. The publication or communication can serve to undermine the integrity and reputation of the subject and can lead to ridicule, contempt or mistrust which in turn, can have a severe impact on the wellbeing and security of an individual or business.

The act of defamation to damage the reputation of the claimant can fall into one of two areas: slander and libel. Slander occurs when the defamation is an act of a temporary nature, such as that of spoken words. Libel, on the other hand, is a permanent form of defamatory publication, such as written words or recorded material. 

So that's the legal bit out of the way.

Firstly I'm sure Andy has all his legal rights reserved and doesn't need me to defend him. Regardless Id be very careful posting in such a way under a alias or not it does not make you exempt from the law.

What is strange that someone without malicious intent would register an account on an internet forum to dig up what is old history and chose to comment on another clubs forum, especially on a thread last commented upon in June 2020. Is it not time you moved on and if things are as positive as you seem to portray at your club then why are you so bothered about what Andy Mazey and Rochdale Hornets are doing?

As for some of your preposterous childish nonsense I wont bother addressing but will put a few of you assertions to bed with some concrete facts that are a matter of public record and not for dispute.

Firstly, Rochdale Hornets name and location was legally protected within the take over and transfer of ownership to Andy and his team (matter of fact and public record). It seems you struggle with facts so to make it clear once and for all this means in layman's terms Rochdale Hornets name cannot legally be changed and the club canot be moved  out of Rochdale. This fact has been made absolutely clear in all communication prior to and since they (Andy and team) saw no need to change the name or location of a club with a 220,000 plus population as a large Gtr Manchester Borough of its own right with no other professional club operating within it. Swinton on the contrary is a small town of c20,000 in Salford that it not even been in for knocking on 30 years. To add insult to injury the small town you carry the name of also has a successful Super League club (Salford) already operating within it which pretty much renders any future opportunities of note slim to non existent. Hopefully the penny is dropping?

Out of respect for the new board at Swinton I wont go into many issues that would make most of what you post look very silly indeed. What i will just touch on for you for some perspective however is the situation drawing closer at the end of this year with the current SKY broadcast agreement set to end. This is the point in time that was always the driver for change needed and the very reason Andy and his team with knowledge and foresight tried as you would expect of prudent businessmen to give your club a fighting chance, create an identity and give you a purpose in an attempt to make you relevant moving forward which for the reasons stated above Swinton sadly no longer is or will never be.

Also never forget at least two of your current shareholders where part of Andy's board and fully understood the above and furthermore backed it. While they seem to be doing a good job of making the best of a bad job and respect for their efforts i wouldn't rule out the reality of a rebrand or change in future as you where told the sport is heading to a point of change or die.

In summary Andy and his team have moved on long ago and seem to be doing another good job at another great club but with a difference its a club with loads of potential at Hornets and has all the building blocks in place they could only have dreamed of. Id suggest you concentrate on your own club and stop creating fake username's and accounts to snipe at good people who moved on long ago but should be respected for what they did for you.

Good luck.

Hello Andrew, 

How are you? I wondered how long it would take for you to appear. 

Trust you have opened a good vintage. 

A x

On 21/03/2021 at 19:18, aMAZEYballs said:

Hello Andrew, 

How are you? I wondered how long it would take for you to appear. 

Trust you have opened a good vintage. 

A x

Why don't you concentrate on your own club. You sound like some woman scorned. I understand that it must be terrible for you to have to travel out of you tiny hamlet to your home games but that's your problem. You should have got used to your nomadic lifestyle by now.  

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

On 26/03/2021 at 11:20, Big Doug said:

Why don't you concentrate on your own club. You sound like some woman scorned. I understand that it must be terrible for you to have to travel out of you tiny hamlet to your home games but that's your problem. You should have got used to your nomadic lifestyle by now.  

Because it makes you angry. I don't live in Swinton either love, I live in a far more beautiful place than Rochdale too. 

On 29/03/2021 at 22:23, aMAZEYballs said:

Because it makes you angry. I don't live in Swinton either love, I live in a far more beautiful place than Rochdale too. 

Nothing makes me angry. I would sooner have a smile on my face. In fact i have a smile at the moment. I just noticed that you got beat by Oldham. You must be a poor outfit if they defeat you. Stick to worrying about Swinton and enjoy your nomadic life. I supose that you have something of a brain if you had the sense to get out of Swinton. Where did you go to Glodick in Oldham.

6 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Nothing makes me angry. I would sooner have a smile on my face. In fact i have a smile at the moment. I just noticed that you got beat by Oldham. You must be a poor outfit if they defeat you. Stick to worrying about Swinton and enjoy your nomadic life. I supose that you have something of a brain if you had the sense to get out of Swinton. Where did you go to Glodick in Oldham.

Don't want to get involved in your Rochdale Swinton who wha. But what makes you think Oldham are a poor outfit. If we're poor then what are you considering your in the league below us? And I correct you, it's "Glodwick" and not Glodick. 

Gllodick or Glodwick both are the ###### end of the earth.  i dont think Oldham are ###### just Swinton fans who do nothing but moan about other clubs.

• 2 months later...

Archived