Sat 20 Jun: NRL: Sydney Roosters v Parramatta Eels KO 10.35am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sydney Roosters
    • Parramatta Eels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/20 at 10:00

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that try seals it but what a great game and a great effort by the Eels.  These teams will be in the finals and may meet right at the very end of the season.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Nearenough said:

josh morris MOM for me, hes played a cracker

He's been everywhere.  It's like there is two of him on the pitch.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

50 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

fantastic game.  roosters defense was really tested there today and had the answers in the end.

Not being a bad loser but I saw your confused face on my post regarding the rub of the green.

Parramatta had a ball stripped two on one as he went over the line and just got a penalty. that could have been very different, at least 10 minutes in the bin.

Roosters first try was given as backward from the hands and it went over a metre forward when it bounced, has the rule propelled forward been abolished? it does not seem to have been regarding knock on's

Parramatta get a player 10 mins in the bin for being offside tackling a player 20 metres from the line, give me a break, that is a penalty every day of the week.

The best team won but turning points in a game can alter outcomes, the Roosters do not need any external help to win.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Josh Morris and Keary good for Roosters but the key to there play is everyone knows their roles. Special mention for Matterson is it(12) for Eels who I thought was great all game and Jennings who apart from his brain fart at the end played well. 

A game that lived up to it's billing. The Eels battering the Roosters line early in the second half but the champions withstood and , to my surprise, finiished stronger despite the short-turnaround.

Is Paramatta the "Eel deal" - Depends on the next game against the Raiders, that's another big game.

16 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Moses to run the show again.... As long as Paramatta defence holds up to the initial battering of ruck speed

It would appear that Moses has yet to lead the Eels to the promised land.......

fans gittity giggity GIF by Sydney Roosters Football Club

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

2 hours ago, Allora said:

Not being a bad loser but I saw your confused face on my post regarding the rub of the green.

Parramatta had a ball stripped two on one as he went over the line and just got a penalty. that could have been very different, at least 10 minutes in the bin.

Roosters first try was given as backward from the hands and it went over a metre forward when it bounced, has the rule propelled forward been abolished? it does not seem to have been regarding knock on's

Parramatta get a player 10 mins in the bin for being offside tackling a player 20 metres from the line, give me a break, that is a penalty every day of the week.

The best team won but turning points in a game can alter outcomes, the Roosters do not need any external help to win.

agreed 100%, you could add the tackled in the air call in the first half when parra touched the ball down after it was dropped by roosters, looked to me the catcher had a foot on the ground b4 he was pulled over the line.

My confused face was aimed towards the ref. im not an emoji expert! it was a terrific match but it would have been so much better if the ref had given each team an even crack

cant wait for these two to meet again, theres a fair few scores to settle.

34 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

A game that lived up to it's billing. The Eels battering the Roosters line early in the second half but the champions withstood and , to my surprise, finiished stronger despite the short-turnaround.

Is Paramatta the "Eel deal" - Depends on the next game against the Raiders, that's another big game.

It would appear that Moses has yet to lead the Eels to the promised land.......

fans gittity giggity GIF by Sydney Roosters Football Club

That's gloating but some good gags in there so will let it go! 

Whoh, just caught up on this game, and in the words of Mr Spock he would say "It's Rugby League Jim, but not as we know it" and it is right to quote him it was out if this world, speed, skill in abundance, tenacity and toughness by the boatload, what a match to showcase the sport to those 'lockdown' places that are unfamiliar with it.

5 hours ago, Allora said:

The ball strip in particular was very harsh on the Eels.  It was definitely more than a penalty - maybe not a penalty try but should have been 10 in the bin for professional foul.  At that point of the game it could have been telling.

What a game , really enjoyed that . Quality teams ... champs v pretenders and both can move forward with confidence . Roosters are still the benchmark ( only the odd burke would have written off their threepeat chances ? ) , whereas Parra aren’t far off at all . They’re the real deal . I do love watching the Morris boys , absolutely brilliant players . I also thought Jennings was having a superb game . Keary is really leading the Roosters around now , and a word for Junior Paulo he was great . I felt Sivo smashing Tedesco from here . Chilling . The only thing that could have made the game better would have been  my men Victor and Nathan being allowed to go toe to toe ... they were the days . 

Archived