NZ Warriors sack Kearney

The New Zealand Warriors have just announced the sacking of Stephen Kearney.

The New Zealand Warriors have sacked coach Stephen Kearney with two years remaining on his contract.

He is expected to be replaced by assistant coach Todd Payten for the remainder of the season.

The Warriors management made the decision Saturday morning after Friday night’s heavy loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

He seems like a great bloke, less than average Coach.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

He looked like it were coming anyway during the last couple a games,never seemed to get fired up like a lot a top coachs do.reminds me of  the way roy hodgson(wurzel gummidge) sat uninterested.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 20/06/2020 at 10:13, Harry Stottle said:

To Hull FC perhaps?

Not sure how I'd feel about that. He is highly respected amongst the fans over here. But he's never pulled up trees as a coach even though he's had some good jobs. 

Looking at those names bandied about none of them jump out . I know Ryles is highly thought of but if it’s discipline and back to basics they want maybe they would sound out Wane 

I guess him being linked with this role and potentially the St.George role should McGregor get sacked is purely down to his agent. i'd expect his name to get mentioned around every vacancy in the NRL.

On the Gus Gould podcast recently he was asked about Wane and whether he thought he'd be a chance and he avoided answering the question. Probably because he knows very little to nothing about him. He's definitely the most experienced coach of those listed as front runners, all of whom seem to be assistants currently.

From memory i think only Ivan Cleary has got the Warriors close to fulfilling some of their potential. It's a tough gig at the Warriors.

I wonder if Shaun Wane has any connections at the Warriors. Obviously Sam Tomkins went there from Wigan, and Wigan played a warm-up game against them over in NZ not too long ago.. Might be less of a stretch than the St.George role.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

God knows who would even want the Warriors job,money apart,they always promise so much and deliver very little. Kearney`s policy was getting used by date New Zealanders back across the Tasman after he took over and it simply hasn`t worked. Matt Elliott,who coached the Warriors for a while,said they only want to be a family club and don`t have the winning attitude that any top club should demand. New owners,Autec,need a strict disciplinarian,a Craig Bellamy type to take over,or these players will continue with their poor performances. Best player they ever had in my opinion was Kevin Campion,his tough no nonsense footy was the main reason why the Warriors made the 2002 GF,he`s the type of coach they need,plus a few tough Aussie players who`ve come up through the Aussie schools and club system. The Shaky Isles are crammed with talent,but they`re not equipped for the tough grind of the NRL at the Warriors and that`s why many don`t the grade,unlike the boys who travel to Australia at an early age to learn the game from the best coaches. Too many false dawns for me,it`s hard to see where they`ll go from here.

Archived