super league re start

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, like Premiership RU, they can't afford the current cost of testing and playing for too long behind closed doors. That juxtaposed with the football currently on too makes it less worthwhile. Start mid August, costs should in theory be lower by that point.

Also the added complication for Super League that it has teams from 3 countries taking part.

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

League Express reporting the season is likely to run from the first week of August through to the end of November.

Seems sensible. I believe teams with games in hand will start in early August with everyone else starting mid August. If that’s the case I wonder if the teams with a game in hand will have an advantage by starting earlier

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

League Express reporting the season is likely to run from the first week of August through to the end of November.

So 22 games in 14 weeks ? , That'll test squad numbers ?

Delighted that we’re formalising a plan to move forward after what feels like an eternity without live Rugby League here. The November proposal was the most sensible of the three proposed and the least destructive on next year and the World Cup. 

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

A ******** joke if the do it

Just reduce the fixtures for Christ's sake

A game a week max

I agree...I had to do a double take when I saw it.  I think maybe a little more than a game a week though...I figure three games every two weeks?  

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I agree...I had to do a double take when I saw it.  I think maybe a little more than a game a week though...I figure three games every two weeks?  

interesting idea Kman so that's

Sunday   1week  sunday  2 weeks Sunday  sounds very familiar?️

Just read through all that, have I missed something and has a decision been taken that there is no P&R this year, it has not been mentioned on this thread.

If there is to be no P&R (in whatever format it could be decided for the Championship) then why try to cram all those games in such a tight schedule in SL?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just read through all that, have I missed something and has a decision been taken that there is no P&R this year, it has not been mentioned on this thread.

If there is to be no P&R (in whatever format it could be decided for the Championship) then why try to cram all those games in such a tight schedule in SL?

Because all the value in rugby league in this country right now is as many TV games for Super League on Sky as possible and next year's World Cup? And so they have to fit as many of the former in this year without risking the one taking place next year?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Because all the value in rugby league in this country right now is as many TV games for Super League on Sky as possible and next year's World Cup? And so they have to fit as many of the former in this year without risking the one taking place next year?

And the question of P&R?

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

But nothings written in stone there's no reason the world cup cant be put back a year ala football euros olympic games 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Not really relevant to the above 2 points which are probably deemed more important to the 12, SL and the RFL.

Not Relevant, it will be if it is 'carry on as nornal' do you know of any definative statement regarding P&R Tommy, as it been officially scrapped thus season or not?

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No statement yet. 

Probably so clubs can get as much income as possible, if that’s via physical attendance by fans, streams etc. 

Archived